    Feedback as to its legitimacy would be appreciated.

    Thanx in advance!

    Martin
    Martin, Sep 21, 2003

  2. This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    07:47:47 -0400, Martin uttered:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I just opened (free) Trillian 0.74 with Patch D and there was a message
    > stating that there was an update available involving msn.dll. I chose to
    > delay installing it before I know that it's legit and not from a hacker.
    >
    > Feedback as to its legitimacy would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanx in advance!
    >
    > Martin

    There are updates to Trillian here:-
    http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/

    The latest patch is E.
    William Poaster, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Martin

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Martin bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > Hi!
    >
    > I just opened (free) Trillian 0.74 with Patch D and there was a
    > message stating that there was an update available involving msn.dll.
    > I chose to delay installing it before I know that it's legit and not
    > from a hacker.
    >
    > Feedback as to its legitimacy would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanx in advance!
    >
    > Martin

    Hi Martin,

    I did a trillian update yesterday direct from the website

    http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/trillian-v0.74-patch-e.exe

    got the following update:
    Version 0.74 September 9, 2002
    * Fixed: security vulnerability with invite
    * Fixed: security vulnerability with dcc chats
    * Fixed: some directIM quirks
    * Fixed: potential overflow fixed with skins
    * Fixed: Potential overflow with certain irc servers
    * Fixed: Some focus stealing issues
    * Fixed: A crash within edit
    * Fixed: Better selecting within display
    * Fixed: Better tolerance within region maps for skins
    * Fixed: versions.txt should display now on 98 machines
    * Fixed: Quirk where windows spontaneously unminimize
    * Fixed: Can now suppress irc color/format changes with pref
    * Fixed: Problem with certain away messages and displaying in a control
    * Changed: uncompressing -> decompressing
    * Fixed: The start time is reset on resend for file transfers
    * Added: New about screen
    * Fixed: Problem when you remove a medium dll and contacts get funky
    * Fixed: initial window transparency should be saved now
    * Fixed: prefs should be properly saved on window shutdown

    HTH
    --
    Mcploppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me}
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    { Download Messenger 6 http://tinyurl.com/h7co }

    ---
    We advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should
    ensure they are actually virus free.
    We will not be liable for any losses incurred by the recipient.

    Mcploppy ©, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Martin

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Those updates are coming from MSN and Yahoo. Both have updated their IM
    software. I use Trillian Pro and had to update to version 2 to fix it I
    don't know if the free version has such an update. Yahoo's new messenger is
    supposed to block 3rd party apps like Trillian. Read about it here

    pcbutts1, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Martin

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:12:39 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    >07:47:47 -0400, Martin uttered:
    >
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I just opened (free) Trillian 0.74 with Patch D and there was a message
    >> stating that there was an update available involving msn.dll. I chose to
    >> delay installing it before I know that it's legit and not from a hacker.
    >>
    >> Feedback as to its legitimacy would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanx in advance!
    >>
    >> Martin

    >There are updates to Trillian here:-
    >http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/
    >
    >The latest patch is E.

    I didn't know E was out. Thanks very much. :)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Sep 21, 2003
  6. This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    13:18:39 -0500, Mara uttered:

    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:12:39 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    >>07:47:47 -0400, Martin uttered:
    >>
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I just opened (free) Trillian 0.74 with Patch D and there was a message
    >>> stating that there was an update available involving msn.dll. I chose to
    >>> delay installing it before I know that it's legit and not from a hacker.
    >>>
    >>> Feedback as to its legitimacy would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanx in advance!
    >>>
    >>> Martin

    >>There are updates to Trillian here:-
    >>http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/
    >>
    >>The latest patch is E.

    > I didn't know E was out. Thanks very much. :)

    YW! :)

    Also kopete 0.7.0 & 0.71 are out, but KDE needs upgrading to 3.1.1,
    & I haven't had time as I've just been compiling the latest kernel
    optimised for Athlon cpu's.
    William Poaster, Sep 21, 2003
  7. Martin

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:37:20 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    >13:18:39 -0500, Mara uttered:
    >
    >> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:12:39 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>>This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    >>>07:47:47 -0400, Martin uttered:

    >>>There are updates to Trillian here:-
    >>>http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/
    >>>
    >>>The latest patch is E.

    >> I didn't know E was out. Thanks very much. :)

    >YW! :)
    >
    >Also kopete 0.7.0 & 0.71 are out, but KDE needs upgrading to 3.1.1,
    >& I haven't had time as I've just been compiling the latest kernel
    >optimised for Athlon cpu's.

    Sounds good. Did 8.3 come out?

    If you ever figure out that fuzzy font thing, let me know and I'll turn the
    other big box back into a tri-boot again. I miss SuSE a lot, but I just couldn't
    use it for very long. :(

    Mara, Sep 21, 2003
  8. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Thank you all very much for your replies to my posting!

    I read the articles about MSN and Yahoo having plans to disallow Trillian
    from being operable with them. That would certainly be a shame.

    Martin

  9. This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    17:49:32 -0500, Mara uttered:

    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:37:20 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    >>13:18:39 -0500, Mara uttered:

    >>> I didn't know E was out. Thanks very much. :)

    >>YW! :)
    >>
    >>Also kopete 0.7.0 & 0.71 are out, but KDE needs upgrading to 3.1.1,
    >>& I haven't had time as I've just been compiling the latest kernel
    >>optimised for Athlon cpu's.

    > Sounds good. Did 8.3 come out?

    No, maybe about the end of October. Kernel 2.5.0 is
    expected soon, & I suspect SuSE won't release their
    new version until Kernel 2.5.0 is stable & released.

    > If you ever figure out that fuzzy font thing, let me know and I'll turn the
    > other big box back into a tri-boot again. I miss SuSE a lot, but I just couldn't
    > use it for very long. :(

    SuSE loads 75dpi fonts by default [don't ask me why]
    & you should also install 100dpi fonts after setting up.
    [I then deleted the 75dpi ones]
    Also I find that Mozilla doesn't render them as well as
    Opera does. Apart from that, all the fonts are crystal
    clear, at least on these two machines...
    I'll email you some snapshots if you like? :)
    William Poaster, Sep 22, 2003
  10. Martin

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:23:10 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 21 Sep 2003
    >17:49:32 -0500, Mara uttered:

    <snip>
    >> Sounds good. Did 8.3 come out?

    >No, maybe about the end of October. Kernel 2.5.0 is
    >expected soon, & I suspect SuSE won't release their
    >new version until Kernel 2.5.0 is stable & released.

    Ok. My time has been severely limited lately and looks to be so for the
    foreseeable future - will you let me know when it comes out?

    >> If you ever figure out that fuzzy font thing, let me know and I'll turn the
    >> other big box back into a tri-boot again. I miss SuSE a lot, but I just couldn't
    >> use it for very long. :(

    >SuSE loads 75dpi fonts by default [don't ask me why]
    >& you should also install 100dpi fonts after setting up.
    >[I then deleted the 75dpi ones]
    >Also I find that Mozilla doesn't render them as well as
    >Opera does. Apart from that, all the fonts are crystal
    >clear, at least on these two machines...
    >I'll email you some snapshots if you like? :)

    Yes, please do. :)

    My Problem wasn't Mozilla by itself, but everything in SuSE. The fonts were just
    too hard for me to read for extended periods of time, and that's something I
    have to do. The Windows fonts thing made no difference at all.I had problems
    with KMail and Pan, too, among others.

    Mara, Sep 22, 2003