    looked up and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for
    solutions but to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    -Z
    zvnteq7, Mar 4, 2009

  2. zvnteq7

    alan Guest

    "zvnteq7" <> wrote in message
    news:gol1so$ujk$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I got
    > an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched the
    > addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I looked up
    > and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for solutions but
    > to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)
    >
    > -Z

    If I were you, I'd do a little more thinking about even using fasterfox.
    There are a number of issues, the most significant being it prefetch
    process. Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasterfox
    alan, Mar 4, 2009

  3. "zvnteq7" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I got
    > an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched the
    > addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I looked up
    > and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for solutions but
    > to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    Just restore your bookmarks from your most recent backup.
    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 4, 2009
  4. zvnteq7

    Guest

    "J¡m ßéâñ" <> wrote:

    >"zvnteq7" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I got
    >> an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched the
    >> addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I looked up
    >> and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for solutions but
    >> to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    >Just restore your bookmarks from your most recent backup.

    Backup?

    :) we know better but bets are the OP doesn't.

    I don't use FireFox (Opera users) but I did find a directory that the
    OP can restore that missing Bookmarks from (surprised me)

    OP go here:

    %userprofile%\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5sxve99s.default\bookmarkbackups

    (Copy and paste the above in the run command)

    Make sure bookmarks.html is deleted in the default directory, grab the
    latest bookmarks-2009-02-11.json and rename it bookmarks.html and
    place it in the Default directory.

    Really you'd be better off hitting F1 while in FireFox.

    --

    You could be guilty of child abuse if your kid gets a glimpse of that Playboy hidden under your mattress http://tinyurl.com/bgcaop
    , Mar 4, 2009
  5. zvnteq7

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    zvnteq7 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I
    > got an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched
    > the addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I
    > looked up and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for
    > solutions but to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    Restore from the backup you made before you made the change.
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 4, 2009
  6. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    wrote:
    > "J¡m ßéâñ" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "zvnteq7" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I got
    >>> an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched the
    >>> addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I looked up
    >>> and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for solutions but
    >>> to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    >> Just restore your bookmarks from your most recent backup.

    > Backup?
    >
    > :) we know better but bets are the OP doesn't.
    >
    > I don't use FireFox (Opera users) but I did find a directory that the
    > OP can restore that missing Bookmarks from (surprised me)
    >
    > OP go here:
    >
    > %userprofile%\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5sxve99s.default\bookmarkbackups
    >
    > (Copy and paste the above in the run command)
    >
    > Make sure bookmarks.html is deleted in the default directory, grab the
    > latest bookmarks-2009-02-11.json and rename it bookmarks.html and
    > place it in the Default directory.
    >
    > Really you'd be better off hitting F1 while in FireFox.

    I tried that, didn't work, I'm going with Opera again, if I need to go
    use citibank I'll use FF or Seamonkey

    actually I'm loving Google Chrome lately too, some fast ass browsing
    with that one.

    Oh and I'd like to nominate Safari 4 beta as the worst piece of crap in
    browser land...
    zvnteq7, Mar 4, 2009
  7. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    zvnteq7 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I
    > got an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched
    > the addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I
    > looked up and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for
    > solutions but to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)
    >
    > -Z

    oh and here's an odd thing, I can't re-ADD any new bookmarks to the now
    blank bookmarks bar
    zvnteq7, Mar 4, 2009
  8. zvnteq7

    Keyser Söze Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote in message

    > zvnteq7 wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and
    >> I got an error saying it was not available for my version, then I
    >> searched the addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think?
    >> Anyway, I looked up and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've
    >> googled for solutions but to no avail, any solutions out there?
    >> Thanks :) -Z

    > oh and here's an odd thing, I can't re-ADD any new bookmarks to the
    > now blank bookmarks bar

    I'm running 3.0.6 and FasterFox install states it's incompatible - perhaps
    that's just as well.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 4, 2009
  9. zvnteq7

    Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote:

    >zvnteq7 wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I tried to add fasterfox from here: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/ and I
    >> got an error saying it was not available for my version, then I searched
    >> the addon site where there's a version for 3.0.3 I think? Anyway, I
    >> looked up and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for
    >> solutions but to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    >oh and here's an odd thing, I can't re-ADD any new bookmarks to the now
    >blank bookmarks bar

    very first thought is the backup is write protected.
    --

    www.coffeeandcigarettes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/thefuture1.jpg
    , Mar 4, 2009