    Kind help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Max

    manenrapture, Aug 25, 2007

  2. manenrapture

    Gordon Guest

    "manenrapture" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    > Kind help is appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Max

    use Mail merge. (Don't think you can do this with OE but I might be
    wrong...)

    Gordon, Aug 25, 2007

  3. manenrapture wrote:

    > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?

    Point: your recipients cannot see what is in the BCC field. Is there
    some other reason you want to do it differently?

    Are you sending spam? <lol>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2007
  4. manenrapture

    Vanguard Guest

    > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?

    You have an e-mail provider that doesn't enforce a
    maximum-recipient-per-message quota?

    The Bcc *field* displayed in the UI for your e-mail client is not
    added to your message. The recipient can't see it in the received
    message because it is not there to see.

    Vanguard, Aug 25, 2007
  5. manenrapture

    Mike Easter Guest

    manenrapture wrote:
    > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?

    It appears that you do not understand the function of your OL or OE's
    BCC field.

    The To and CC fields that you create with your mua mailuseragent are
    part of the DATA transmission information which ultimately appear as To
    and CC fields in the mua of your recipient, but the addresses in the BCC
    field do *not* appear in the recipient's headers.

    Or said another way, the recipients of your mail are 'determined' and
    transmitted to the receiving server by the To, CC, and BCC information
    which you 'see' in your mua, but only two of those field values, To and
    CC appear to the recipient's mua headers.

    Or said yet another way, the smtp envelope transaction RCPT TO contains
    addies which you inserted in your To, CC, and BCC, but the DATA content
    of your smtp transaction contains only the values which you inserted
    into your To and CC, not the BCC.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 25, 2007
  6. manenrapture

    Tester Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:12:06 -0000, manenrapture
    <> wrote:

    >How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    >same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    >without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    >same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    >Kind help is appreciated.
    >Thanks
    >Max

    What's wrong with BCC (Blank Carbon Copy?) The list of visible
    recipients has little or nothing to do with the list of actual
    recipients. You can have visible recipients who aren't actual
    recipients (maybe not with OE) and vice-versa.

    When you mail, you telnet to port 25 of a mail (SMTP) server and you
    give certain pidgin English commands (rcpt to:
    adds Dubya to the list of actual recipients).
    When you are finished giving rcpt to the actual recipients, you give
    the command data.

    You then give the visible text of the message ended with a dot on a
    line by itself.

    The visible recipients are part of the visible text.

    So, leaving out the login to server part (which the two SMTP servers
    which I can use both require) if you are a customer of joesisp.net you
    typically send mail by:

    telnet smtp.joesisp.net 25
    [server responds]
    helo mycomputersname
    [server responds]
    mail from: <>
    [server responds after each command]
    rcpt to: <>
    rcpt to: <postmaster@localhost>
    data
    From: <>
    Subject: Test

    This is a test.
    ..
    [server responds]
    quit

    Here, you've just sent mail to and the postmaster
    box at the SMTP server (I hope spammers harvest THAT address!) but not
    to (a pun on the old spammers' visible address of
    )

    So both real recipients' addresses are BCC's.

    Tester, Aug 25, 2007
  7. Tester wrote:

    > What's wrong with BCC (Blank Carbon Copy?)

    I'm sure that was a typo... it is Blind Carbon Copy.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2007
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Tester wrote:
    >
    >> What's wrong with BCC (Blank Carbon Copy?)

    > I'm sure that was a typo... it is Blind Carbon Copy.

    A blank carbon copy is what you get when you put the carbon sheet in the
    wrong way around. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 25, 2007
  9. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Tester wrote:
    >>> What's wrong with BCC (Blank Carbon Copy?)

    >> I'm sure that was a typo... it is Blind Carbon Copy.

    > A blank carbon copy is what you get when you put the carbon sheet in
    > the wrong way around. :)

    <lol!> Done that a time or two .. way back when.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2007
  10. On 8/25/2007 1:12 PM, manenrapture after much thought,came up with this
    jewel:
    > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    > Kind help is appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Max

    The only help you need is to be taken out back and put out of our misery.
    GFIA
    max
    --
    Virus Removal: http://maxpro4u.freehostingnow.com/removal.html
    Keep Clean: http://maxpro4u.freehostingnow.com/keepingclean.html

    What's in a Name?, Aug 26, 2007
  11. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 25, 11:13 pm, "Gordon" <> wrote:
    > "manenrapture" <> wrote in message

    > > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    > > Kind help is appreciated.
    > > Thanks
    > > Max

    > use Mail merge. (Don't think you can do this with OE but I might be
    > wrong...)

    Thanks.
    Max

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  12. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 25, 11:21 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > manenrapture wrote:
    > > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?

    > Point: your recipients cannot see what is in the BCC field. Is there
    > some other reason you want to do it differently?
    >
    > Are you sending spam? <lol>
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    Thanks. But no spams intended. Also, it is not that I don't know BBC
    implications. What I mean is sending mass mails in one attempt without
    having to write anything in CC or Bcc fields but still ensuring that
    each recipient sees only his/her address in the To field. Got it?
    Max

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  13. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  14. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 25, 11:49 pm, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    > manenrapture wrote:
    > > How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?

    > It appears that you do not understand the function of your OL or OE's
    > BCC field.
    >
    > The To and CC fields that you create with your mua mailuseragent are
    > part of the DATA transmission information which ultimately appear as To
    > and CC fields in the mua of your recipient, but the addresses in the BCC
    > field do *not* appear in the recipient's headers.
    >
    > Or said another way, the recipients of your mail are 'determined' and
    > transmitted to the receiving server by the To, CC, and BCC information
    > which you 'see' in your mua, but only two of those field values, To and
    > CC appear to the recipient's mua headers.
    >
    > Or said yet another way, the smtp envelope transaction RCPT TO contains
    > addies which you inserted in your To, CC, and BCC, but the DATA content
    > of your smtp transaction contains only the values which you inserted
    > into your To and CC, not the BCC.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks. It is not that I don't know BBC implications. What I mean is

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  15. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 25, 11:56 pm, Tester <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:12:06 -0000, manenrapture
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > >same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > >without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > >same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    > >Kind help is appreciated.
    > >Thanks
    > >Max

    > What's wrong with BCC (Blank Carbon Copy?) The list of visible
    > recipients has little or nothing to do with the list of actual
    > recipients. You can have visible recipients who aren't actual
    > recipients (maybe not with OE) and vice-versa.
    >
    > When you mail, you telnet to port 25 of a mail (SMTP) server and you
    > give certain pidgin English commands (rcpt to:
    > adds Dubya to the list of actual recipients).
    > When you are finished giving rcpt to the actual recipients, you give
    > the command data.
    >
    > You then give the visible text of the message ended with a dot on a
    > line by itself.
    >
    > The visible recipients are part of the visible text.
    >
    > So, leaving out the login to server part (which the two SMTP servers
    > which I can use both require) if you are a customer of joesisp.net you
    > typically send mail by:
    >
    > telnet smtp.joesisp.net 25
    > [server responds]
    > helo mycomputersname
    > [server responds]
    > mail from: <>
    > [server responds after each command]
    > rcpt to: <>
    > rcpt to: <postmaster@localhost>
    > data
    > From: <>
    > Subject: Test
    >
    > This is a test.
    > .
    > [server responds]
    > quit
    >
    > Here, you've just sent mail to and the postmaster
    > box at the SMTP server (I hope spammers harvest THAT address!) but not
    > to (a pun on the old spammers' visible address of
    > )
    >
    > So both real recipients' addresses are BCC's.

    Please simplify your answer. Thanks. But no spams intended. Also, it

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  16. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 26, 5:05 am, What's in a Name? <>
    wrote:
    > On 8/25/2007 1:12 PM, manenrapture after much thought,came up with this
    > jewel:> How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    > > same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one attempt
    > > without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    > > same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    > > Kind help is appreciated.
    > > Thanks
    > > Max

    > The only help you need is to be taken out back and put out of our misery.
    > GFIA
    > max
    > --
    > Virus Removal:http://maxpro4u.freehostingnow.com/removal.html
    > Keep Clean:http://maxpro4u.freehostingnow.com/keepingclean.html
    > Tools:http://maxpro4u.freehostingnow.com/tools.html
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply.

    Your message sounds disrespectful. Be specific and careful in ur
    wording. I have a genuine query. If you can, plse. help. Otherwise,
    don't respond. I didn't know there are miserable respondents. Nor did
    I intend to be additions to any misery. No spams intended. What I want
    to know is sending mass mails in one attempt without having to write

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  17. manenrapture

    Vanguard Guest

    > "Vanguard" wrote:
    >
    >> "manenrapture" ...
    >>
    >>> How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    >>> same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one
    >>> attempt
    >>> without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    >>> same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?

    >> You have an e-mail provider that doesn't enforce a
    >> maximum-recipient-per-message quota?
    >>
    >> The Bcc *field* displayed in the UI for your e-mail client is not
    >> added to your message. The recipient can't see it in the received
    >> message because it is not there to see.

    > Thanks. But no spams intended. Also, it is not that I don't know BBC
    > implications. What I mean is sending mass mails in one attempt
    > without
    > having to write anything in CC or Bcc fields but still ensuring that
    > each recipient sees only his/her address in the To field. Got it?

    So you either want to use a mail merge feature, like in Word, which
    basically is a miniature listserver operation where the same template
    message is sent to a list of recipients so each only sees themself
    listed as the recipient. If you have Word, use its MailMerge feature.
    Or use a local bulk mailing client. Or subscribe to a listserver
    (bulk mail) service where you maintain a list of recipient in a
    mailing list (that you can edit when needed) and where you then send a
    copy of your mail which then prods the listserver to send a copy of
    that message to each recipient in your mailing list.

    The first 2 suggestions (using Word's MailMerge or another equivalent
    but perhaps better featured bulk mailing client) will probably run you
    into anti-spam measures at your ISP, especially if you are using a
    *personal* e-mail account. For example, your e-mail provider probably
    limits you to, say, 25 maximum recipients per message. By sending to
    just one recipient per message copy then you've stayed under that
    anti-spam radar. They may limit the maximum number of mail sessions
    per minute. They may limit how many messages you can send per minute,
    like say 5 mails in 30 seconds. Word's MailMerge has no means to
    configure it as to how fast it sends the body of an e-mail to the MAPI
    client but a local bulk mailing client might if you find the right one
    so you could limit the mail sending rate to one every 6 seconds, or
    longer. This obviously slows down how fast you can send out your bulk
    mails and why such a quota gets enforced, especially on *personal*
    e-mail accounts. They may limit you to how many mail sessions are
    allowed within one minute. My ISP limits this to 10 mail sessions per
    minute. That means you will have to slice up your mailing list into
    how many mails you can send in under a minute (and as long as it also
    stays under the previous max mails per minute quota). A bulk mailing
    client might be able to handle that if it is programmable as to how
    mail sessions per minute are allowed, but Word's MailMerge isn't so
    equipped.

    Basically you get throttled as to how fast you can spew out to all
    recipients in your mailing list. The ISP or e-mail provider may have
    higher quotas if you pay for a business account rather than trying to
    send UBE through a personal account. Or, for perhaps less money, you
    find a listserver provider (and hope that listserver provider hasn't
    been added to DNSBLs that your recipients or their e-mail provider may
    use in their anti-spam software).

    http://www.slipstick.com has a partial list of some client-side bulk
    mailing programs though I don't know how often it gets updated. It's
    a starting point and Google will help you find more such client-side
    solutions. If this is something you need to do often and your current
    e-mail provider's anti-spam quotas are throttling your send rate to
    prevent your abuse of a personal account, and considering the expense
    of a business account if they provide one, then you need to start
    investigating listserver or bulk mailing services. Neither Outlook
    [Express] or Word were designed to be bulk mail clients that can be
    configured to circumvent anti-spam quotas on personal e-mail accounts.

    I don't use or subscribe to any Yahoo Groups. But from reading posts
    from others that do use them, I believe you can send an e-mail to the
    members of a Yahoo group. You create a group on some topic to which
    members subscribe. You can then send a message (i.e., your e-mail) to
    each member. The members have opted into that group so they opted
    into your mailing list (make sure they know that when they choose to
    subscribe). For example, everyone in your hobby or church group would
    register in your Yahoo Group and you could then send out your monthly
    newsletter by sending it to all the members of that group. That would
    be a cheapie way to get the equivalent of a listserver but, as I've
    heard, not a reliable way. I don't know if private Google Groups
    (those you create and are the owner) have the same ability but maybe.
    Since you're posting through Google Groups, you could investigate
    better than I.

    Vanguard, Aug 26, 2007
  18. manenrapture

    Vanguard Guest

    > What's in a Name? (max can't manage to choose one) wrote:
    >>
    >> manenrapture <bunch of blather from max> wrote:
    >>> How to do mass mailing from MS Outlook or Outlook Express with the
    >>> same message mailed directly to individual recipients in one
    >>> attempt
    >>> without showing the recipient who else has also been sent with the
    >>> same mail without any entry in Cc or Bcc fields?
    >>> Kind help is appreciated.

    >> The only help you need is to be taken out back and put out of our
    >> misery.
    >> GFIA

    Grand Forks International Airport?

    > Your message sounds disrespectful. Be specific and careful in ur
    > wording. I have a genuine query. If you can, plse. help. Otherwise,
    > don't respond.

    You are posting to a public communications venue that is propagated
    worldwide and available to anyone of any age (capable of using a
    computer) and anywhere. You can't command what they can do. Usenet
    is an anarchy comprised of a worldwide mix of users with an equally
    wide range of maturity. It is not a forum with an Iron Claw usage
    policy. There are no [effective] moderators here.

    If I had a bad day or felt in the mood, and because you are asking how
    to do bulk mailing but are a newbie at it, and because you don't
    mention WHY you are bulk mailing which leads many to assume you are
    spamming (also indicated by your inability to write individual replies
    to each respondent and instead paste a canned reply to each), you
    might've gotten a nasty reply from me, too. If you imply that you are
    spamming, even to a small degree and especially without explaining why
    (or even bothering to come up with a plausible story, then expect
    users to vent at you.

    Vanguard, Aug 26, 2007
  19. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 26, 12:04 pm, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
> [...]

    > from others that do use them, I believe you can send an e-mail to the
    > members of a Yahoo group. You create a group on some topic to which
    > members subscribe. You can then send a message (i.e., your e-mail) to
    > each member. The members have opted into that group so they opted
    > into yourmailinglist (make sure they know that when they choose to
    > subscribe). For example, everyone in your hobby or church group would
    > register in your Yahoo Group and you could then send out your monthly
    > newsletter by sending it to all the members of that group. That would
    > be a cheapie way to get the equivalent of a listserver but, as I've
    > heard, not a reliable way. I don't know if private Google Groups
    > (those you create and are the owner) have the same ability but maybe.
    > Since you're posting through Google Groups, you could investigate

    Thank you very much.
    Max

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007
  20. manenrapture

    manenrapture Guest

    On Aug 26, 12:22 pm, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
    > "manenrapture" wrote in message

    > > What's in a Name? (max can't manage to choose one) wrote:

    > >> The only help you need is to be taken out back and put out of our
    > >> misery.
    > >> GFIA

    > Grand Forks International Airport?
    >
    > > Your message sounds disrespectful. Be specific and careful in ur
    > > wording. I have a genuine query. If you can, plse. help. Otherwise,
    > > don't respond.

    > You are posting to a public communications venue that is propagated
    > worldwide and available to anyone of any age (capable of using a
    > computer) and anywhere. You can't command what they can do. Usenet
    > is an anarchy comprised of a worldwide mix of users with an equally
    > wide range of maturity. It is not a forum with an Iron Claw usage
    > policy. There are no [effective] moderators here.
    >
    > If I had a bad day or felt in the mood, and because you are asking how
    > to do bulkmailingbut are a newbie at it, and because you don't
    > mention WHY you are bulkmailingwhich leads many to assume you are
    > spamming (also indicated by your inability to write individual replies
    > to each respondent and instead paste a canned reply to each), you
    > might've gotten a nasty reply from me, too. If you imply that you are
    > spamming, even to a small degree and especially without explaining why
    > (or even bothering to come up with a plausible story, then expect
    > users to vent at you.

    Seriously, it is not with any intention other than mailing my office
    letters in bulk only. Being nasty in respose is not a fare way as it
    won't help anybody or anything. Thanks anyway.

    manenrapture, Aug 26, 2007