Triangle on Digital

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, Mar 29, 2013.

  1. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
    > "geopelia" <> wrote:
    >>"bugalugs" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry to hear of his passing
    >>>
    >>> Cam

    >>Thank you.
    >>
    >>When North Shore Hospital could do no more for him, he went to a nice
    >>private hospital but only lived six days.
    >>They couldn't let me have him home, which was all he wanted.
    >>Shame we missed our Golden Wedding though, that would have been next year.
    >>But we were luckier than many couples these days.

    > Geo
    > I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Your contributions here have been
    > appreciated by many of us, long may that last.
    > Tony

    Thank you. But one partner always goes first. Just look after each other as
    long as you both live.

    geopelia, Apr 2, 2013

  2. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Rich80105" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 23:51:05 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
    > dot nz> wrote:
    >
    >>"geopelia" <> wrote:
    >>>"bugalugs" <> wrote in message

    >>>Thank you.
    >>>
    >>>When North Shore Hospital could do no more for him, he went to a nice
    >>>private hospital but only lived six days.
    >>>They couldn't let me have him home, which was all he wanted.
    >>>Shame we missed our Golden Wedding though, that would have been next
    >>>year.
    >>>But we were luckier than many couples these days.

    >>Geo
    >>I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Your contributions here have been
    >>appreciated by many of us, long may that last.
    >>Tony

    > And I am very sorry to hear of the death of your husband Geo.
    > Rich

    Thank you.I didn't know so many people cared.

    geopelia, Apr 2, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2/04/2013 8:57 a.m., geoff wrote:
    >>
    >>> If they ever bought a Loewe, they certainly at one stage had more
    >>> disposable
    >>> cash than most of us.

    >> And.... your point is?
    >>
    >> Pre-kids I bought (and still have) a Pink Triangle turntable, Perreaux
    >> amp and pre-amp, and some rather nice Lambert Audio speakers. Yes, I
    >> earned very good money then, and yes I still earn a good living now, but
    >> there is no way I would replace them with anything "better" now. Not
    >> only have my priorities changed, but I'm unsure whether there is any
    >> tangible benefit in attempting to upgrade - my ears (and I dare say Geo's
    >> eyes) are not what they once were so any improvement would very likely be
    >> wasted.

    My eyes are as good as they ever were, with glasses!

    >> When all's said and done "I'm happy with what I've got" is the very best
    >> place to be. And ignorance of the fact that better exists is arguably
    >> financial bliss.

    > Geo may actually not be able to afford a new TV, which is fair enough
    > (well, not fair really !).
    >
    > But "ignorance is bliss" is the wrong basis for the decision IMO. Great
    > joy could be derived from a new TV/Freeview, or Sky. But a decision to be
    > made hopefully with full appreciation of all the factors.
    >
    > geoff

    A lot depends on the hours spent watching TV.
    Some of us have better things to do, and just choose the worthwhile
    programs.

    geopelia, Apr 2, 2013
  4. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geopelia wrote:
    > "Rich80105" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 23:51:05 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
    >> dot nz> wrote:

    >>> Geo
    >>> I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Your contributions here have
    >>> been appreciated by many of us, long may that last.
    >>> Tony

    >> And I am very sorry to hear of the death of your husband Geo.
    >> Rich

    > Thank you.I didn't know so many people cared.

    I care too Geo. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You're right, one
    always goes first but that doesn't make it any easier. Please keep your chin
    up and know that you have friends on usenet. I for one would love to see you
    contributing to this group for years to come. :)

    Best regards,
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Apr 3, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs geopelia wrote:
    >> "Rich80105" <> wrote in message

    >>> And I am very sorry to hear of the death of your husband Geo.
    >>> Rich

    >> Thank you.I didn't know so many people cared.

    > I care too Geo. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You're right, one
    > always goes first but that doesn't make it any easier. Please keep your
    > chin up and know that you have friends on usenet. I for one would love to
    > see you contributing to this group for years to come. :)
    >
    > Best regards,
    > --
    > /Shaun.
    >
    > "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
    > cozy little classification in the DSM."
    > David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    Thank you. I'll be staying here and on nz.general.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Apr 4, 2013
  6. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geopelia wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    >> I care too Geo. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You're right,
    >> one always goes first but that doesn't make it any easier. Please
    >> keep your chin up and know that you have friends on usenet. I for
    >> one would love to see you contributing to this group for years to
    >> come. :) Best regards,

    > Thank you. I'll be staying here and on nz.general.

    You're a better person than I Gunga Din. I gave up on nz.general a long time
    ago. I found that the spitefulness of a few posters upset my mood too often.
    I tried various techniques to ignore them but in the end decided it wasn't
    worth it.... Which is a shame as it was good to have a place where I could
    write whatever was on my mind and not be berated for posting off-topic.
    <shrug>

    Best,

    ~misfit~, Apr 5, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs geopelia wrote:
    >> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    > [snip]
    >>> I care too Geo. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You're right,
    >>> one always goes first but that doesn't make it any easier. Please
    >>> keep your chin up and know that you have friends on usenet. I for
    >>> one would love to see you contributing to this group for years to
    >>> come. :) Best regards,

    >> Thank you. I'll be staying here and on nz.general.

    > You're a better person than I Gunga Din. I gave up on nz.general a long
    > time ago. I found that the spitefulness of a few posters upset my mood too
    > often. I tried various techniques to ignore them but in the end decided it
    > wasn't worth it.... Which is a shame as it was good to have a place where
    > I could write whatever was on my mind and not be berated for posting
    > off-topic. <shrug>
    >
    > Best,
    > --
    > /Shaun.

    Thank you.

    Yes, nz.general isn't what it was a few years ago. The ladies seem to have
    gone, and I'm not surprised.
    Most people have killfiled the worst culprit anyway, and I don't read his
    posts now.

    Perhaps this new law will clean up some of the more obscene stuff.
    But once they start censoring the newgroups who knows where it might end?
    Politicians could get in on the act.
    There's a lot to be said for free speech, however the crude and ignorant
    take advantage of it.

    Newsgroups are the modern version of graffiti.

    geopelia, Apr 6, 2013
  8. "geopelia" wrote in message news:kjeek6$3e1$...

    >Thank you.I didn't know so many people cared.

    Geo Lots of people here care Please accept my condolences as well
    you will find people on here want to help when you have problems
    and look out for you, look after yourself and be well :)
    Robin

    Robin Halligan, Apr 7, 2013
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Robin Halligan" <> wrote in message
    > "geopelia" wrote in message news:kjeek6$3e1$...
    >>Thank you.I didn't know so many people cared.

    > Geo Lots of people here care Please accept my condolences as well you will
    > find people on here want to help when you have problems
    > and look out for you, look after yourself and be well :)
    > Robin

    Thank you

    geopelia, Apr 7, 2013