    now called Face please?

    e.g.Parliament is now 22.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013

  2. On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:23:45 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for Triangle,
    >now called Face please?
    >
    >e.g.Parliament is now 22.
    >
    >Geopelia

    Face's instructions are here

    http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in

    My understanding is that the only way to watch it as a digital signal
    is to be a Sky subscriber. If you're in Auckland you can watch it via
    UHF analogue, but that will disappear soon when Auckland does the
    switchover to digital.

    --
    Regards
    Malcolm

    Malcolm Moore, Mar 29, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > On 29/03/2013 6:23 p.m., geopelia wrote:
    >> I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >> Triangle,
    >> now called Face please?
    >>
    >> e.g.Parliament is now 22.

    > Have you tried googling for an answer? Or even visited Face TV's website
    > and read the information there? If you had you would know that it isn't
    > available on digital. I suggest you follow the instructions at the link
    > below.
    >
    > http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in

    The man who installed it yesterday got it on digital, just by clicking a
    number. I was watching it.
    That is why I asked here what the number was.

    Yes I've tried Google and can't make any sense of it.
    I got something like that website, but it is much too complicated for me to
    try.

    I can still get it on the old system of course. I think it's going in
    December anyway.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Malcolm Moore" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:23:45 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >>Triangle,
    >>now called Face please?
    >>
    >>e.g.Parliament is now 22.
    >>
    >>Geopelia
    >>

    > Face's instructions are here
    >
    > http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in
    >
    > My understanding is that the only way to watch it as a digital signal
    > is to be a Sky subscriber. If you're in Auckland you can watch it via
    > UHF analogue, but that will disappear soon when Auckland does the
    > switchover to digital.

    Thank you. The man who installed it got Triangle just by clicking a number.
    I haven't got Sky and don't intend to get it. I don't watch enough TV for it
    to be worth having at their ridiculous prices.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Crash McBash" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:23:45 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >>Triangle,
    >>now called Face please?
    >>
    >>e.g.Parliament is now 22.

    > Looks like you are referring to Freeview. If so this is the channel
    > lineup:
    >
    > http://www.freeviewnz.tv/#tv-channels
    >
    > Note that FACE/Triangle is not there.

    I wonder how the TV man got it yesterday just by clicking a number, like the
    other programs.
    That is why I asked here.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  6. geopelia

    Fred Guest

    On 30/03/2013 1:18 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >> On 29/03/2013 6:23 p.m., geopelia wrote:
    >>> I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >>> Triangle,
    >>> now called Face please?
    >>>
    >>> e.g.Parliament is now 22.

    >> Have you tried googling for an answer? Or even visited Face TV's website
    >> and read the information there? If you had you would know that it isn't
    >> available on digital. I suggest you follow the instructions at the link
    >> below.
    >>
    >> http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in

    > The man who installed it yesterday got it on digital, just by clicking a
    > number. I was watching it.
    > That is why I asked here what the number was.
    >
    > Yes I've tried Google and can't make any sense of it.
    > I got something like that website, but it is much too complicated for me to
    > try.
    >
    > I can still get it on the old system of course. I think it's going in
    > December anyway.

    Something on your remote will bring up a list of channels, names and
    numbers that you are tuned to.

    Fred, Mar 29, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > On 30/03/2013 1:18 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    >> "EMB" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have you tried googling for an answer? Or even visited Face TV's
    >>> website
    >>> and read the information there? If you had you would know that it isn't
    >>> available on digital. I suggest you follow the instructions at the link
    >>> below.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in

    >> The man who installed it yesterday got it on digital, just by clicking a
    >> number. I was watching it.
    >> That is why I asked here what the number was.
    >>
    >> Yes I've tried Google and can't make any sense of it.
    >> I got something like that website, but it is much too complicated for me
    >> try.
    >>
    >> I can still get it on the old system of course. I think it's going in
    >> December anyway.
    >>

    > Something on your remote will bring up a list of channels, names and
    > numbers that you are tuned to.

    I don't have any instructions with the new remote. I think I'll just get it
    from the old system.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  8. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kj4u5t$gjs$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > > On 30/03/2013 1:18 a.m., geopelia wrote:
    > >> "EMB" <> wrote in message

    > >> The man who installed it yesterday got it on digital, just by clicking a
    > >> number. I was watching it.
    > >> That is why I asked here what the number was.
    > >>
    > >> Yes I've tried Google and can't make any sense of it.
    > >> I got something like that website, but it is much too complicated for me
    > >> try.
    > >>
    > >> I can still get it on the old system of course. I think it's going in
    > >> December anyway.
    > >>

    > > Something on your remote will bring up a list of channels, names and
    > > numbers that you are tuned to.

    > I don't have any instructions with the new remote. I think I'll just get it
    > from the old system.

    Check your (new) remote - it should have a button like "Guide" or
    similar, which, after a few seconds, should bring up a channel listing.
    If you press it again, it will display more. Use the "Back" button or
    "Home" button to exit. All dependent on the remote you have, but
    similar functions should exist on your new remote.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Mar 29, 2013
  9. On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:55:07 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >> Triangle, now called Face please?
    >>
    >> e.g.Parliament is now 22.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    >You have Freeview ? Push the "Program Guide" button - it will show you all
    >the channels that are available.
    >
    >geoff

    Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
    Freeview been moved to Sky.

    Frank Williams, Mar 30, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2013-03-29, Malcolm Moore <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:23:45 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for Triangle,
    >>now called Face please?
    >>
    >>e.g.Parliament is now 22.
    >>
    >>Geopelia
    >>

    > Face's instructions are here
    >
    > http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in
    >
    > My understanding is that the only way to watch it as a digital signal
    > is to be a Sky subscriber. If you're in Auckland you can watch it via
    > UHF analogue, but that will disappear soon when Auckland does the
    > switchover to digital.

    So this is/has been nothing more than a Sky TV grab ones wallet exercise.

    Yes, its analogue but Geo has done what is required and gone digital before
    Decemember 2013, for Auckland, so that digital ads can splatter her viewing
    experience.

    Gordon, Mar 30, 2013
  11. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:55:07 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>>You have Freeview ? Push the "Program Guide" button - it will show you
    >>>all
    >>>the channels that are available.
    >>>
    >>>geoff
    >>>

    >> Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
    >> Freeview been moved to Sky.

    > But apparently the 'TV Man' got it from somewhere. May have been being
    > broadcast as a filler on another (Freeview) channel. Or he may have been
    > simply looking at it on analogue.
    >
    > Geo - have you tried tuning the analogue channels on your TV? Is it a new
    > TV with Freeview built-in ? Or is it a stand-alone Freeview tuner on your
    > old TV ?
    >
    > If the latter, has he installed an antenna cable through from the Freeview
    > box to the TV? You'd need that to tune the old analogue channels directly
    > on your old TV.
    >
    > If a new TV with built-in Freeview, then there with be a selection for ATV
    > or DTV.
    >
    > Or tried asking the TV Man ?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > g.

    It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the back
    of the set.
    Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.

    I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
    mess the whole thing up.
    I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
    Triangle on the old one.

    geopelia, Mar 30, 2013
  12. On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:55:55 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:55:07 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>"geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>>You have Freeview ? Push the "Program Guide" button - it will show you all
    >>>the channels that are available.
    >>>
    >>>geoff
    >>>

    >>Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
    >>Freeview been moved to Sky.

    >Correct. Triangle / Face "The Face of public broadcasting" is only
    >on pay TV Sky and analog in Auckland until shutdown on Dec 01 then
    >only on Sky.. So much for "The Face of public broadcasting.."

    And TVNZ is shutting down the BBC broadcast.

    Frank Williams, Mar 30, 2013
  13. On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"geoff" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
    >>> Freeview been moved to Sky.

    >> But apparently the 'TV Man' got it from somewhere. May have been being
    >> broadcast as a filler on another (Freeview) channel. Or he may have been
    >> simply looking at it on analogue.
    >>
    >> Geo - have you tried tuning the analogue channels on your TV? Is it a new
    >> TV with Freeview built-in ? Or is it a stand-alone Freeview tuner on your
    >> old TV ?
    >>
    >> If the latter, has he installed an antenna cable through from the Freeview
    >> box to the TV? You'd need that to tune the old analogue channels directly
    >> on your old TV.
    >>
    >> If a new TV with built-in Freeview, then there with be a selection for ATV
    >> or DTV.
    >>
    >> Or tried asking the TV Man ?
    >>
    >> cheers
    >>
    >> g.
    >>

    >It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the back
    >of the set.
    >Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
    >
    >I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
    >mess the whole thing up.
    >I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
    >Triangle on the old one.

    A very BAD Move,.

    A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
    resolution and no cut off screen.

    Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
    from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
    and contrast and a short viewing angle

    But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

    Frank Williams, Mar 30, 2013
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    > On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"geoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>> But apparently the 'TV Man' got it from somewhere. May have been being
    >>> broadcast as a filler on another (Freeview) channel. Or he may have
    >>> been
    >>> simply looking at it on analogue.
    >>>
    >>> Geo - have you tried tuning the analogue channels on your TV? Is it a
    >>> new
    >>> TV with Freeview built-in ? Or is it a stand-alone Freeview tuner on
    >>> your
    >>> old TV ?
    >>>
    >>> If the latter, has he installed an antenna cable through from the
    >>> Freeview
    >>> box to the TV? You'd need that to tune the old analogue channels
    >>> directly
    >>> on your old TV.
    >>>
    >>> If a new TV with built-in Freeview, then there with be a selection for
    >>> ATV
    >>> or DTV.
    >>>
    >>> Or tried asking the TV Man ?
    >>>
    >>> cheers
    >>>
    >>> g.
    >>>

    >>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the
    >>back
    >>of the set.
    >>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
    >>
    >>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
    >>mess the whole thing up.
    >>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
    >>Triangle on the old one.
    >>

    > A very BAD Move,.
    >
    > A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
    > resolution and no cut off screen.
    >
    > Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
    > from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
    > and contrast and a short viewing angle
    >
    > But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

    We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

    I don't buy anything from the Warehouse since they closed the Link Drive
    branch.
    The nearest now are Albany, or Milford which is now at the back of a huge
    Mall. They must have lost a lot of sales, moving away from the entrance.
    The items I want are usually out of stock anyway, "Jam yesterday, jam
    tomorrow but never jam today" seems to be their idea.
    So why waste the time? I signed up for getting stuff delivered, but it's the
    same story there.
    If they open a local branch again I'll go now and then. Otherwise it's not
    worth the bother.

    But it's best to go to a proper retailer for anything electrical, for the
    installation and after sales service.
    Quality pays in the end.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    > On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:55:55 +1300, Mutley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Frank Williams <> wrote:

    >>>Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
    >>>Freeview been moved to Sky.

    >>Correct. Triangle / Face "The Face of public broadcasting" is only
    >>on pay TV Sky and analog in Auckland until shutdown on Dec 01 then
    >>only on Sky.. So much for "The Face of public broadcasting.."

    Not to worry, good old NewstalkZB is still on radio.
    But I use the computer more than radio or TV now.

    > And TVNZ is shutting down the BBC broadcast.

    The all night one? That used to be good years ago.

    I used to like "Town and Around". I wonder if they will ever bring it back.
    But I expect most of the folks there are now retired or dead.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  16. "geopelia" wrote in message news:kj38cm$5mc$...

    >I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >Triangle, now called Face please?
    >e.g.Parliament is now 22.
    >Geopelia

    Geo the best option i can offer (though it is long and boring)
    is to sit in front of the telly and on the Digital remote
    press 1 and let it tune in then try 2 then 3 and so on
    you will see every channel you have right up to 99
    lots of them will have nothing on them but it might be in there

    Robin Halligan, Mar 31, 2013
  17. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kj83es$mbr$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>"geoff" <> wrote in message

    > >>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the
    > >>back
    > >>of the set.
    > >>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
    > >>
    > >>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
    > >>mess the whole thing up.
    > >>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
    > >>Triangle on the old one.
    > >>

    > > A very BAD Move,.
    > >
    > > A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
    > > resolution and no cut off screen.
    > >
    > > Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
    > > from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
    > > and contrast and a short viewing angle
    > >
    > > But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

    > We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

    As good as it may be, is it widescreen? Even if it is, the picture
    quality of the LCD screens now is superior to CRT. LCD screens are also
    *much* larger and *much* lighter.

    It's a bit like saying I own a forty year old quality gramaphone.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Mar 31, 2013
  18. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kj83es$mbr$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >> > A very BAD Move,.
    >> >
    >> > A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
    >> > resolution and no cut off screen.
    >> >
    >> > Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get
    >> > one
    >> > from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low
    >> > brightness
    >> > and contrast and a short viewing angle
    >> >
    >> > But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

    >> We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

    > As good as it may be, is it widescreen? Even if it is, the picture
    > quality of the LCD screens now is superior to CRT. LCD screens are also
    > *much* larger and *much* lighter.
    >
    > It's a bit like saying I own a forty year old quality gramaphone.

    I'll see what's available if it ever needs replacing. But I don't watch TV
    much, very few worthwhile programs now.
    And I suppose growing up before TV came in makes a difference.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  19. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Robin Halligan" <> wrote in message
    > "geopelia" wrote in message news:kj38cm$5mc$...
    >
    >>I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
    >>Triangle, now called Face please?
    >>e.g.Parliament is now 22.
    >>Geopelia

    > Geo the best option i can offer (though it is long and boring)
    > is to sit in front of the telly and on the Digital remote
    > press 1 and let it tune in then try 2 then 3 and so on
    > you will see every channel you have right up to 99
    > lots of them will have nothing on them but it might be in there

    I've done that and got up to about 40. There are a lot of Chinese programs.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  20. On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:29:58 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"geoff" <> wrote in message

    >>>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the
    >>>back
    >>>of the set.
    >>>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
    >>>
    >>>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
    >>>mess the whole thing up.
    >>>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
    >>>Triangle on the old one.
    >>>

    >> A very BAD Move,.
    >>
    >> A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
    >> resolution and no cut off screen.
    >>
    >> Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
    >> from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
    >> and contrast and a short viewing angle
    >>
    >> But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

    >We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

    Yes it was in its days but its worth less now, and the colors would have
    faded its only a CRT 4:3 screen with low resolution, time to get rid of
    it.

    Frank Williams, Mar 31, 2013