    Please reboot your computer with the CD in the drive.
    Ive done that but it aint working.
    Can anyone help me please

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?=, Oct 27, 2005

  2. It probably was not burnt properly or your BIOS is not set to boot from the
    CD:
    here are the instructions on how to burn an ISO:

    you have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad
    way
    to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
    installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

    Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    Boot from CD:
    http://www.cites.uiuc.edu/security/antivirus/bios.html
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 27, 2005

  3. Remember im no computer expert so you need to explain more clearly how to
    burn it, the iso file i downloaded it burned that to cd i didnt extract it,
    and then i made a 2nd cd with it that is extracted, i tried both and they
    wont work, i changed my setting so that the CD/DVD-Rom was first boot, but it
    still wont work.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?=, Oct 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you followed up the instructions Andre gave you a link to and burned it
    as an ISO, when you set the BIOS to boot from the CD first, do you get the
    message during boot to 'hit any key to boot from CD'?, and it sounds like
    you have XP on your system. Does it just boot into that after the final
    page of POST which would have the message at the bottom of it. If domr info
    on how your system is set up might be helpful.

    John Barnes, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Thats why I gave you the links to information about burning the ISO to a CD
    properly and and setting your BIOS to boot from the CD Rom drive. You can't
    launch setup within Windows XP 32 bit (x86), have to boot from the CD just
    before the computer displays the Windows Splash, this requires that you go
    into your BIOS, here is the link to do so:

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 27, 2005
  6. What is your cpu?

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 28, 2005
  7. you dont understand ive already burned the iso to disc, and set up my bios
    properly, but it still wont work.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?=, Oct 28, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Try the CD on another machine and see if it is bootable there. Even on a
    32-bit machine you should see it give you a message that it cannot be
    installed there.
    If Andre doesn't understand it is because you are not clear.

    John Barnes, Oct 28, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?UHJpdHBhbA==?=

    andy Guest

    Do you have another bootable CD such as Windows XP 32-bit version? If
    so, try booting your computer from it. If it boots, then you can
    conclude that the Windows XP 64-bit CD that you created has a problem.

    andy, Oct 28, 2005
  10. Question: I have a copy of XP64, which I received for beta testing the
    Windows Server 2003 Service Pack. Apparently I burned the CD wrong, and
    without properly testing it, deleted the downloaded ISO, which is now lost
    forever. I can't download it again. I have the improperly burned CD and the
    Key for it. If I download the trial version, properly burn the CD, install
    it, should I then be able to use the setup.exe from within the Trial version
    to install the Full Version OS? Since I will be in a 64 bit system at that
    point?

    Pari Ann Bell (Beta Tester)
    United States

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFyaSBBbm4gQmVsbCAoQlQp?=, Nov 7, 2005