  1. I have installed Media center 2005 on this new machine 4 times but this 64
    bit trial version has to start on Boot up and can't find the hard drive and
    goes to F3 to quit. The download says 558 mb and that is what I downloaded.

    =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=, May 28, 2005

  2. JP wrote:
    > I have installed Media center 2005 on this new machine 4 times but
    > this 64 bit trial version has to start on Boot up and can't find the
    > hard drive and goes to F3 to quit. The download says 558 mb and that
    > is what I downloaded.

    JP, please give us your specs for your system.

    Wayne Wastier, May 29, 2005

  3. You most likely need boot installable drivers. What HW are you running this
    on?

    You'll need an "F6" driver from your HD Controller mfg -- most these days are
    VIA or Promise, and both have drivers available. The drivers are put on a
    floppy disk, then when you go to install x64 Edition, you need to press the
    F6 key right as it first turns the screen blue. That tells the installer that
    you will be adding an additional driver, and it will prompt you for it during
    the installation.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 29, 2005
  4. Asus A8V-E delux mb, Hitachi 160 serial ATA, Amd 3500, Ati All in Wonder 600
    video card.

    =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=, May 29, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=, May 29, 2005
  6. I downloaded the driver,made the floppy everything went ok until the next
    step when is said it was starting windows I noticed the light went out on the
    keyboard then everything just sat there.

    =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=, May 29, 2005
  7. JP wrote:
    > I downloaded the driver,made the floppy everything went ok until the
    > next step when is said it was starting windows I noticed the light
    > went out on the keyboard then everything just sat there.

    JP, go here and try these:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?act=downloads&do=download&id=242

    You must be registered to gain access. Registration is free btw. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 29, 2005
  8. Wayne Wastier, May 29, 2005
  9. :) Did you, by any chance, leave the floppy in the drive on reboot?

    I have the AGP version of this mobo, as does Christian. In order to get
    everything working, we both found that we need to connect our SATA HD to the
    VIA connectors, and that we needed to disable the Promise in the BIOS.
    Finally, make sure you disable Cool and Quiet in the BIOS as well.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 29, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

    Rick Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > :) Did you, by any chance, leave the floppy in the drive on reboot?
    >
    > I have the AGP version of this mobo, as does Christian. In order to get
    > everything working, we both found that we need to connect our SATA HD to the
    > VIA connectors, and that we needed to disable the Promise in the BIOS.
    > Finally, make sure you disable Cool and Quiet in the BIOS as well.

    You state "disable Cool and Quiet..." to install x64. When people were
    enabled for x64 to load. I know that's the way it worked on my MSI
    K8T800 with the VIA chip and as reported for other VIA chipset boards.
    If C-n-Q was disabled the install would hang. With C-n-Q enable all CPP
    versions loaded as well as the RTM/OEM, which I am running now.

    Rick, May 30, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    :( Most people don't have the floppy in the boot sequence anymore, or have
    it way down the list. Must still be a DOS guy?
    I have the same problem when I try to install on the Hitachi SATA II. Works
    perfectly on a SATA I. Don't know if yours is one of the new SATA II, but if
    it is, good luck. I now use mine for storage.

    John Barnes, May 31, 2005
  12. the problem now is the drivers load, then windows starts then, the keyboard
    goes dead!!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=, May 31, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Do you know if your drive is SATA 1 or II. I can't find out if that is my
    problem or if there is another problem with the drive (works great as data,
    but won't work as a system drive) or the motherboard, etc.

    John Barnes, May 31, 2005