    finalized version expected to be out, is it within the next 120 days?

    Thanks

    Max

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=, Oct 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I downloaded the windows xp64 bit beta version last year when bought an msi
    > board (with amd64 processor). The beta version was great but it didn't
    > allow
    > me to run the 32 bit software I had.
    >
    > I just want to verify that the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition trial
    > software is the lastest release and that it will work with my current 32
    > bit
    > software (or at least supposed to). Also, I understand that the lastest
    > trial version is only good for 120-180 days. Will I be able to get a full
    > version after the 120 days or will I have to reload xp pro? Will I get
    > notified or sent an email to download the full version? When is the
    > finalized version expected to be out, is it within the next 120 days?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Max

    The trial is the same as the release version.
    When the trial expires, you will have to purchase a full version.
    Downloading the trial in no way entitles you to a free version of the
    software.

    Most 32 bit software runs just fine. The exceptions are those that use a 16
    bit installer.
    A bigger issue is finding drivers for your hardware.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Oct 26, 2005

  3. What software are we talking about - 16bit installer or not, not everything
    is guaranteed to run. While most app's do, many people with specific needs
    opt to dual-boot.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 26, 2005
  4. If you decide to go with XP x64 full time, you use the full OEM Version and
    do a repair upgrade without losing your settings. For 16 bit applications,
    you can use the following emulation software, also VMWare has 64 bit version
    of their virtualization software for running other types of legacy
    applications.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 26, 2005