Trial version download

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rick, May 22, 2005.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Tocapet wrote:
    > The website seems to be accepting orders for downloads now, but you get to
    > the end and it says:
    >
    > The following error(s) has occurred
    > No Product Key can be returned at this time.
    > If quantity does not equal '1', please correct the quantity and re-submit.

    If it's accepting orders for download, then why are you still getting
    the same error message everyone has been getting for the past 2 or 3 days?

    It sounds to me like it is not accepting orders for download. If it was
    accepting them, you would not get the error message.

    Tocapet, May 22, 2005

  3. Rick wrote:
    > Tocapet wrote:
    >> The website seems to be accepting orders for downloads now, but you
    >> get to the end and it says:
    >>
    >> The following error(s) has occurred
    >> No Product Key can be returned at this time.
    >> If quantity does not equal '1', please correct the quantity and
    >> re-submit.

    > If it's accepting orders for download, then why are you still getting
    > the same error message everyone has been getting for the past 2 or 3
    > days?
    > It sounds to me like it is not accepting orders for download. If it
    > was accepting them, you would not get the error message.

    You know what he meant. Don't be a smart ass.
    Wayne Wastier, May 22, 2005
  4. how is he being a smart a$$ ? , he is stating a fact !!!

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 22, 2005
  5. russ_will wrote:
    > how is he being a smart a$$ ? , he is stating a fact !!!

    Nope. "The website seems to be accepting orders for downloads now, but
    youget to the end and it says:..."

    Do you see the word, "Seems?" I have had the same problem trying to
    download this trial version, that "seems" to be available for download. Go
    to: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx

    Now scroll down to:
    Get the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Kit
    The trial software is available as a download or to order on CD.

    Select a format:

    And you will be able to select "Download"

    But, after you fill out your info, you will get an error message as the
    original poster posted.

    So, he was correct in stating that it "seems" to be available, but isn't.
    Wayne Wastier, May 22, 2005
  6. Rick

    DaveP Guest

    It would be nice if Microsoft acutally managed their site to make sure it
    worked.
    You would think someone would at least check to see if it worked once they
    put it up.
    Guess not though. lol

    Dave

    DaveP, May 22, 2005
  7. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >>Tocapet wrote:
    >>
    >>>The website seems to be accepting orders for downloads now, but you
    >>>get to the end and it says:
    >>>
    >>>The following error(s) has occurred
    >>>No Product Key can be returned at this time.
    >>>If quantity does not equal '1', please correct the quantity and
    >>>re-submit.

    >>If it's accepting orders for download, then why are you still getting
    >>the same error message everyone has been getting for the past 2 or 3
    >>days?
    >>It sounds to me like it is not accepting orders for download. If it
    >>was accepting them, you would not get the error message.

    > You know what he meant. Don't be a smart ass.

    You should note that he said "now" which would imply it was working
    differently than before. However, that's the way it has been working
    from the beginning! So, it appears you're the smart ass.
    Rick, May 22, 2005
  8. Rick

    t Guest

    I was just at the Ms news group thatwas set up for bata tester and they said
    there that they are working on the problem.
    Is that the way things are to work the site that is to be shut down is
    getting answers but not here.

    t, May 22, 2005
  9. t wrote:
    > I was just at the Ms news group thatwas set up for bata tester and
    > they said there that they are working on the problem.
    > Is that the way things are to work the site that is to be shut down is
    > getting answers but not here.

    You not supposed to tell here what you can read on the beta ng, doing that
    is breaking your NDA.... If you like being part of beta's, maybe is it a
    good idea to avoid doing that....

    Jus my two cents anyway...

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 22, 2005
  10. "Rick" <> wrote in message

    -snip

    PLONK
    Wayne Wastier, May 22, 2005
  11. "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    >t wrote:
    >> I was just at the Ms news group thatwas set up for bata tester and
    >> they said there that they are working on the problem.
    >> Is that the way things are to work the site that is to be shut down is
    >> getting answers but not here.
    >>

    > You not supposed to tell here what you can read on the beta ng, doing that
    > is breaking your NDA.... If you like being part of beta's, maybe is it a
    > good idea to avoid doing that....
    >
    > Jus my two cents anyway...
    >
    > --
    > Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    > Johannesburg - South Africa
    > http://msmvps.com/xpditif

    Don't think he was talking about the Beta newsgroup, but rather this one:

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=windowsserver64bit&slcid=us
    Wayne Wastier, May 22, 2005
  12. Here is the response by Mike [MSFT]

    Subject: Re: Where is the download?
    From: "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <> Sent:
    5/21/2005 5:01:08 AM

    Yep - we are working on resolving this issue.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
    Wayne Wastier, May 22, 2005
  13. Rick

    Guest

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:14:38 -0500, "DaveP" <>
    wrote:

    >It would be nice if Microsoft acutally managed their site to make sure it
    >worked.
    >You would think someone would at least check to see if it worked once they
    >put it up.
    >Guess not though. lol

    Apparently they like flaming people that post about the problem too
    much .

    >Dave
    >

    >"Tocapet" <> wrote in message
    >> The website seems to be accepting orders for downloads now, but you get to
    >> the end and it says:
    >>
    >> The following error(s) has occurred
    >> No Product Key can be returned at this time.
    >> If quantity does not equal '1', please correct the quantity and re-submit.

    , May 23, 2005