    loosing data and installed programs when I get my cds from microsoft?

    Thanks
    Rob

    =?Utf-8?B?bW91Y2hh?=, Jul 27, 2005

  2. If you decide to exchange your Windows XP Professional x86 through the TAP
    program, you will be able to use the TAP media to do an upgrade from the
    Trial. If you purchase the OEM Full version of XP Pro x64, you have do a
    repair install (no direct upgrade).
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 27, 2005

  3. Thanks, the answer I was looking for, I am going through TAP, just finished
    the order.

    Cheers
    Rob

    =?Utf-8?B?bW91Y2hh?=, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Not that it really matters - the end result is the same. However, if you
    launch the Setup from inside your running 'Trial' it will produce a dialog
    menu with the 'Upgrade' as default option. (Even marked 'Recomended'). It
    then re-boots the machine and goes thru' the motions. Nothing magical there.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 28, 2005
  5. Yeah, similar to XP x86 text based setup.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 28, 2005