Trial to Full Verison

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?dmlkZW9tYW4=?=, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Can we upgrade to the full verison when we are trying the trial without
    having doing a clean install of the OS?

    =?Utf-8?B?dmlkZW9tYW4=?=, Jul 6, 2005

  2. You have to do a repair installation with the OEM Full, you cannot directly
    upgrade to it, only MSDN and Volume license versions can upgrade a trial.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 6, 2005

  3. I did a upgrade with the beta trophy.

    Bill

    Wm D. Christensen, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Well, Darrell and Jupiter are misinforming people. Because at first, I was
    suggesting to users that they can do an upgrade from the OEM Full version of
    XP Pro x64, but Darrell from (MSFT) said this is incorrect, but it turns out
    to be correct.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 6, 2005
  5. Hello Andre,
    Sorry but no Jupiter and I are not mis-informing people.
    The "beta trophy" is not OEM media type, it's more like MSDN media type so
    the upgrade would be allowed. The "beta trophy" media was only available
    to the "tech beta" customers.
    We haven't seen the OEM media yet, but all the information that we have
    states that OEM media will only upgrade OEM media. The eval media is not
    OEM media so the upgrade will not be allowed. The TAP media we have been
    told will be OEM media.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <>
    <Subject: Re: Trial to Full Verison
    <Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:37:49 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Well, Darrell and Jupiter are misinforming people. Because at first, I was
    <suggesting to users that they can do an upgrade from the OEM Full version
    of
    <XP Pro x64, but Darrell from (MSFT) said this is incorrect, but it turns
    out
    <to be correct.
    <--
    <Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    <http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    <FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    <
    <"Wm D. Christensen" <> wrote in message
    <>I did a upgrade with the beta trophy.
    <>
    <> Bill
    <>
    <> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    <> news:%...
    <>> You have to do a repair installation with the OEM Full, you cannot
    <>> directly upgrade to it, only MSDN and Volume license versions can
    upgrade
    <>> a trial.
    <>> --
    <>> Andre
    <>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    <>> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    <>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    <>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    <>>
    <>> news:...

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 6, 2005
  6. I don't know if anybody is misinforming anybody. I don't believe OEMs do
    upgrades.
    The disks you buy and the TAPs might not upgrade. All I know is I upgraded
    with the beta trophy.

    Bill

    Wm D. Christensen, Jul 7, 2005
  7. As Darrell stated, its similar to MSDN media, so thats why the upgrade is
    possible. Thanks for clearing everything up Darrell.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 7, 2005