    computer. Is it possible to buy a full version of windows xp 64 professional
    and install it so I can keep my desktop, programs, etc... I really want to
    save as much time as possible. thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q00=?=, Dec 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q00=?=

    Piers James Guest

    yes it is. You'll have to buy an OEM version, which means you'll have to buy
    a bit of qualifying hardware at the same time (a case fan will do), and then
    you can do a repair during the installation. Search this NG and you will
    find more detailed answers in several posts as this question has come up
    multiple time before.

    Piers James, Dec 18, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q00=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Per a number of prior posts if you do an Upgrade install within the running
    x64 you will save a greater amount of your previous work. Don't know if
    your expired version will allow you into it far enough to run the OEM x64 CD
    though. Maybe worth a try, else do the repair previously recommended, and
    as Andre's posts point out, it is the second place you can choose repair,
    after accepting the license, NOT repair using recovery console.

    John Barnes, Dec 18, 2005
  4. I bought an OEM version from Fry's Electronics (Outpost.com). With a new
    processor. Install went great for me. No problems.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lsdmVydG9l?=, Dec 18, 2005