    David Guest

    How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
    necissary to purchase it.

    David, May 23, 2005

  2. David wrote:
    > How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
    > necissary to purchase it.

    Start to spare now ;)
    I think you get 6 months from date of install...

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 23, 2005

  3. David

    Rick Guest

    David wrote:
    > How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
    > necissary to purchase it.

    Click on <start>, select <Run>, type in "winver", then click <OK> and a
    panel will open with the information you seek.

    Rick, May 23, 2005
  4. "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    message news:%...
    > David wrote:
    >> How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
    >> necissary to purchase it.

    > Start to spare now ;)
    > I think you get 6 months from date of install...
    >
    > Cheers

    You get 120 days, which is 4 months, not 6. :)

    "Thank you for your interest in evaluating Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition. This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120
    days."
    Quoted from: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 23, 2005
  5. David

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    That's not what it says on my Trial CD. On my Trial CD it says: Trial
    Software, 180 Day Limit on Use

    Kevin Panzke, May 23, 2005
  6. "Kevin Panzke" <> wrote in message
    > That's not what it says on my Trial CD. On my Trial CD it says: Trial
    > Software, 180 Day Limit on Use

    That is what the website said, so that is what I was going by. Right now,
    the site is down.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 23, 2005
  7. yes it is a 180 day trial ;)

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 23, 2005
  8. Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote
    > in message news:%...
    >> David wrote:
    >>> How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
    >>> necissary to purchase it.

    >> Start to spare now ;)
    >> I think you get 6 months from date of install...
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > You get 120 days, which is 4 months, not 6. :)
    >
    > "Thank you for your interest in evaluating Windows XP Professional x64
    > Edition. This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for
    > 120 days."
    > Quoted from:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx
    >
    > Wayne

    Gee, my fault, I think it was 180 days, as usual...

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 23, 2005
  9. David

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    I received my trial version CD in the mail last week. It is a 180 day
    trial. The cover says it (in the lower right corner), and during
    installation it also has a disclaimer about the version being a trial
    version with a 180 day expiration.

    I can post a screenshot of the packaging if required.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, May 23, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2005
  11. i have just got the 180 day trial acourding to the cd case it came in , but
    it only says i have 120 days when i use the winver via the run command (odd
    or what or have they put the wrong cd in the case ,wait if that was the case
    the key would not work lol)

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 23, 2005
  12. David

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    > message news:%...
    >
    >>David wrote:
    >>
    >>>How can I figure out when my trial expires, so I can have the $$
    >>>necissary to purchase it.

    >>Start to spare now ;)
    >>I think you get 6 months from date of install...
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>

    > You get 120 days, which is 4 months, not 6. :)
    >
    > "Thank you for your interest in evaluating Windows XP Professional x64
    > Edition. This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120
    > days."
    > Quoted from: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx

    BTW - on the same page I just read:
    "The trial CD and download are currently unavailable. We're working to
    make them available as soon as possible."

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 23, 2005
  13. "russ_will" <> wrote in message
    >i have just got the 180 day trial acourding to the cd case it came in , but
    > it only says i have 120 days when i use the winver via the run command
    > (odd
    > or what or have they put the wrong cd in the case ,wait if that was the
    > case
    > the key would not work lol)

    The normal trial version from Microsoft is 180 days, but for this trial
    version they stated 120 days ...

    go figure.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 23, 2005
  14. Hello Wayne,
    In the past Server eval copies were usually 180 days and client evals were
    120 days.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    >From: "Wayne Wastier" <>

    <#>
    <>

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 23, 2005
  15. ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Wayne,
    > In the past Server eval copies were usually 180 days and client evals were
    > 120 days.
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    My Office Eval version was also 180 days.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 23, 2005
  16. Hello Wayne,
    I was only talking about Windows and in general. The limits can be set
    differently, but in the past the client limits for Windows were set shorter
    than limits for Winodws Server releases.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    >From: "Wayne Wastier" <>

    <#>
    <>
    <>
    <>

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 23, 2005
  17. Ok, Why does it state "Trial Software 180-Day Limit on Use" on the cover and
    something else when you install it?
    --
    Is It True?

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=, May 24, 2005
  18. ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Wayne,
    > I was only talking about Windows and in general. The limits can be set
    > differently, but in the past the client limits for Windows were set
    > shorter
    > than limits for Winodws Server releases.
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    I have never downloaded anything but a server demo, or office demo as I have
    always purchased the latest and greatest OS from MS. :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 24, 2005
  19. David

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello Wayne,
    >>I was only talking about Windows and in general. The limits can be set
    >>differently, but in the past the client limits for Windows were set
    >>shorter
    >>than limits for Winodws Server releases.
    >>Thanks,
    >>Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    >>

    > I have never downloaded anything but a server demo, or office demo as I have
    > always purchased the latest and greatest OS from MS. :)

    Well roared, Wayne;-)

    Roy <still on RC2>

    Roy Coorne, May 24, 2005
  20. Hello I don't think anyone has same copy of windowsxp64, My copy said 1 Year
    evaluation NOT 120 or 180 Days and Now at this moment with the "winver"
    command, It says my copy will expire April 26,2006 and that is way more than
    180 days!! Sorry that you all got ripped on evaulation version

    I wouldn't bother installing if it was not for at least 6 months!!!

    The version is XP64 5.2 Service pack 1

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15?=, Jun 1, 2005