    clean install or only as an upgrade? I couldn't find anything on the web site
    stating one or the other. Thanks

    Randall

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFsbA==?=, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Randall;
    The 64 bit is OEM so a Clean Install is the only way.
    You can not upgrade from another OS to 64 bit.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 5, 2005

  3. When it comes to x64 its most likely to be a clean install, you can't
    upgrade from any other version or edition of Windows to it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  4. Thanks, For some reason I just wasn't thinking. Too much work and not enough
    play I think. Thanks for the quick answer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFsbA==?=, Jul 5, 2005
  5. This will be a fun install. Clean of course. my main complaint is that sound
    will not work on my MB under XP64 no problem with 32bit.

    --

    Steve Herrick [387095]

    Steve [387095], Jul 5, 2005
  6. Check http://www.planetamd64.com if there are any drivers available.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005