tri-color /vs/ HP 100 - three gray cartridge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by stu7, May 21, 2012.

  1. stu7

    stu7 Guest

    this may sound dumb, but, I wonder if anyone here actually
    uses the HP Gray print cartridge (cart designated 100,
    not their 100 printer) ?
    Really, what I most need to know is if, on a two cartridge
    color printer, the gray 100 cartridge will be interchangeable
    with the tri-color cartridge (is what I want) /or/ whether
    it replaces the black only cartridge ? (not what I want).

    NOTE: Ive looked a lot, and dont really see this discussed
    directly. I did, at one time, have another "photo" print
    cartridge, but, instead of supplementing the black, it fit
    where the black had been, and the prints I got looked very
    flat... none of that "vibrant graytone" I had expected(!).

    This probably should go to an HP oriented forum, but, as Im
    using the printer for photos, this forum seemed OK.

    thanks for reading
    stu7, May 21, 2012