    question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would have a
    response in one business day. It has been over a week with no response.
    Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.
    W. Wolfe, Jan 19, 2009

  2. W. Wolfe

    Big_Al Guest

    W. Wolfe said this on 1/19/2009 1:38 PM:
    > Does anyone know about TrendNet? I bought a USB wireless adaptor from them
    > and had a very basic question regarding software versions. I posted a
    > question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would have a
    > response in one business day. It has been over a week with no response.
    > Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.

    Why don't you ask the question here and see if anyone can help you.

    Yes I know about Trendnet. They a manufacturer. So my answer is
    yes, but I doubt I could answer your question since I know nothing more.
    See how useless it is to know if anyone knows anything about
    trendnet.
    Big_Al, Jan 19, 2009

  3. W. Wolfe

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jan 19, 6:38 pm, "W. Wolfe" <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know about TrendNet?  I bought a USB wireless adaptor from them
    > and had a very basic question regarding software versions.  I posted a
    > question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would have a
    > response in one business day.  It has been over a week with no response..
    > Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.

    Has for any hardware, software versions are written for a specific
    hardware version / revision. You can not mix the software versions if
    these are not written for your piece of hardware.
    smlunatick, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Hi
    As a long shot.
    Log here, http://trendnet.com/downloads/ put into the select product the USB
    card number and download the latest Setup file
    When running the Setup file it installs the drivers and the Utility
    together.
    After you install get the TrendNet utility out of the startup so it would
    not start automatically and reboot.
    After reboot check if Windows Zero Configuration Service is On, if Not,
    Switch it On and you are good to go using Windows native Wireless system.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 19, 2009
  5. W. Wolfe

    W. Wolfe Guest

    OK - The details. I have a TEW-645UB. There is a download dated October
    2008, but there is no version info in the download so I don't know if the
    Utility I have (Ver 2.0.0.16) is the latest or not. Same for the driver (Ver
    2.105.0).

    W. Wolfe, Jan 19, 2009