Trendnet Router keeps on dropping internet connection

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mark, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hello,

    I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it
    connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed).

    Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue) drops
    my internet connection and then immediately re establishes a link (so
    i am down for approximately one minute.

    Does anyone know why this would happen?

    I disabled the wireless protion, and no success.

    I disconected all LAN cables and no success.

    The traffic light between the router and cable modem blink constantly
    ast a fast pace, even in the above situation (no lan connections
    attached or enabled).

    I also diabled logging in the router and still no improvement.

    Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?

    Regards,

    Mark

    Mark, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Mark

    mike Guest

    how about finding out what your signal levels are?

    mike

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it
    > connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed).
    >
    > Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue) drops
    > my internet connection and then immediately re establishes a link (so
    > i am down for approximately one minute.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this would happen?
    >
    > I disabled the wireless protion, and no success.
    >
    > I disconected all LAN cables and no success.
    >
    > The traffic light between the router and cable modem blink constantly
    > ast a fast pace, even in the above situation (no lan connections
    > attached or enabled).
    >
    > I also diabled logging in the router and still no improvement.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?

    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark

    ---

    mike, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Mark

    Joker Guest

    Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    that we talk about.

    Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
    a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

    So stop posting in the "microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware" about
    this issue.

    Mark wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it
    > connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed).
    >
    > Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue) drops
    > my internet connection and then immediately re establishes a link (so
    > i am down for approximately one minute.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this would happen?
    >
    > I disabled the wireless protion, and no success.
    >
    > I disconected all LAN cables and no success.
    >
    > The traffic light between the router and cable modem blink constantly
    > ast a fast pace, even in the above situation (no lan connections
    > attached or enabled).
    >
    > I also diabled logging in the router and still no improvement.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?

    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark

    assistance.

    time.

    Joker, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Mark

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, let's look at the Joker's error while we're at it. The OP cross-posted
    to several newsgroups - probably not a good thing - and you therefore
    replied to all of those as well. Since I'm replying from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, and you (apparently) read the post in
    microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware, these are the only two groups I am
    replying to. You could very well have limited your reply to the group you
    were reading, since it was irrelevant to the rest of us.

    HAND.

    >| Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with
    >| "microsoft" so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products.
    >| Next it says "public" so that means any person can post here. Then
    >| it says "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it
    >| must be talking about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but
    >| not least it says "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft
    >| hardware for networking that we talk about.
    >|
    >| Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    >| Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting
    >| in a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    >| newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.
    >|
    >| So stop posting in the "microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware" about
    >| this issue.
    >|
    >| Mark wrote:
    >|
    >| > Hello,
    >| >
    >| > I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it
    >| > connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed).
    >| >
    >| > Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue)
    >| > drops my internet connection and then immediately re establishes a
    >| > link (so i am down for approximately one minute.
    >| >
    >| > Does anyone know why this would happen?
    >| >
    >| > I disabled the wireless protion, and no success.
    >| >
    >| > I disconected all LAN cables and no success.
    >| >
    >| > The traffic light between the router and cable modem blink
    >| > constantly ast a fast pace, even in the above situation (no lan
    >| > connections attached or enabled).
    >| >
    >| > I also diabled logging in the router and still no improvement.
    >| >
    >| > Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?
    >| >
    >| > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >| >
    >| > Regards,
    >| >
    >| > Mark
    >| >

    >| --
    >| Please do not contact me directly or ask me to contact you directly
    >| for assistance.
    >|
    >| If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
    >|
    >| If it’s not worth posting you should have done a search on
    >| http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
    >| http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q= before wasting
    >| our time.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2004
  5. "Joker" <> wrote in message
    > Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    > so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    > "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    > "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    > about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    > "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    > that we talk about.
    >
    > Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the Microsoft
    > Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in a newsgroup
    > for the hardware you are running, a general networking newsgroup, or one
    > for whatever version of Windows you are running.
    >
    > So stop posting in the "microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware" about this
    > issue.
    >
    > Mark wrote:

    This group isn't just for Microsoft Hardware!

    Oh I see! You crossposted to other groups where your compliant isn't
    relevant. Tch tch!

    ---

    Graham Watson, Oct 22, 2004
  6. Mark

    mike Guest

    make sure you are using the makers driver & not a windows (MS) one.
    it is part of the windows driver & xp routine that checks every so often if
    it has the best local connection.

    there is a reg hack for it but i dont have the url listed
    do a google search.

    else it is someting else on 2.4GHz, (like a dect phone etc) blocking your
    signal.

    mike

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it
    > connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed).
    >
    > Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue) drops
    > my internet connection and then immediately re establishes a link (so
    > i am down for approximately one minute.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this would happen?
    >
    > I disabled the wireless protion, and no success.
    >
    > I disconected all LAN cables and no success.
    >
    > The traffic light between the router and cable modem blink constantly
    > ast a fast pace, even in the above situation (no lan connections
    > attached or enabled).
    >
    > I also diabled logging in the router and still no improvement.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?

    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark

    ---

    mike, Oct 27, 2004