trendmicro office scan client update is not working anymore

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bisi, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. bisi

    bisi Guest

    Hello,
    This morning, our trendmicro officescan server broke down and since
    then, some of the clients are not able anymore to do the download of
    the virus patterns.

    After some research, I found out that the problem seems to come from
    the IIS-download directory(web sites\officescan\officescan\download),
    where the trendmicro publishes its downloads for the clients
    (corresponds to the URL: "http://<trendsus-server>:8080/OfficeScan
    /download/"). It seems that the client do not have anymore the rights
    to download from there. If I understood well, trendmicro is using an
    account IUSR_<servername> to download the updates, since this account
    has anonymous access?

    What I did is to give permissions for the group "EVERYBODY" and "DOMAIN

    COMPUTERS" to the folder, thus all computers that are member of the
    domain can now download the updates again, but all the computers that
    are in a workgroup can still not perform updates.

    What can be the reason for this?
    Any idea for a solution?

    Thanx in advance
    Best regards
    C.B.

    bisi, Aug 18, 2006

  2. bisi

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:38:24 -0700, bisi wrote:

    > Hello,
    > This morning, our trendmicro officescan server broke down and since then,
    > some of the clients are not able anymore to do the download of the virus
    > patterns.
    >
    > After some research, I found out that the problem seems to come from the
    > IIS-download directory(web sites\officescan\officescan\download), where
    > the trendmicro publishes its downloads for the clients (corresponds to the
    > the client do not have anymore the rights to download from there. If I
    > understood well, trendmicro is using an account IUSR_<servername> to
    > download the updates, since this account has anonymous access?
    >

    > What I did is to give permissions for the group "EVERYBODY" and "DOMAIN
    >
    > COMPUTERS" to the folder, thus all computers that are member of the domain
    > can now download the updates again, but all the computers that are in a
    > workgroup can still not perform updates.
    >

    > What can be the reason for this?

    Security policy deployed by the DC of which you didn't mention the
    flavor.

    Meat Plow, Aug 18, 2006

  3. bisi

    bisi Guest

    No, there are normally no security policies deployed by the DC
    regarding trendmicro and the problem seems not to come from the DC
    since it stopped working for all the clients at the same instant. Since
    GPO's have a random part in the time they are applied, it cannot not be
    a GPO which is wrong. An anyway, I did not make changes on the GPO's
    since a few day.

    bisi, Aug 21, 2006