    virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am waiting to hear from
    them.

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Luke O'Malley

    boon Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    news:9Dwgc.50322$...
    > I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located over 400
    > infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on line to Trend
    > and used their online program - which could not find a single
    > virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am waiting to hear from
    > them.
    >
    > Luke

    what was the name of this virus?

    boon, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Luke O'Malley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Did it quarantine them?

    pcbutts1, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Luke O'Malley

    Boomer Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote in

    > I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located over 400
    > infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on line to Trend
    > and used their online program - which could not find a single
    > virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am waiting to hear from
    > them.
    >
    > Luke

    You had and now you still have?

    What was the name of the virus? Did you search Google.com, Googles
    archives, ask at the antivirus news group?

    This may help in the future.
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Boomer, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Luke O'Malley

    Jaypie Guest

    > Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    >
    > > I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located over 400
    > > infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on line to Trend
    > > and used their online program - which could not find a single
    > > virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am waiting to hear from
    > > them.
    > >
    > > Luke

    You may want to try this :

    Shut down your PC-Cillin for a while and run the online antivirus.

    Jaypie

    Jaypie, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Luke O'Malley

    Boomer Guest

    "Jaypie" <> wrote in

    >> Luke O'Malley <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located
    >> > over 400 infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on
    >> > line to Trend and used their online program - which could not
    >> > find a single virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am
    >> > waiting to hear from them.
    >> >
    >> > Luke

    > You may want to try this :
    >
    > Shut down your PC-Cillin for a while and run the online antivirus.
    >
    > Jaypie

    Please quote properly and reply to the OP.

    You replied to me.

    Boomer, Apr 18, 2004
  7. Luke O'Malley

    Jaypie Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located
    > over 400 infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on
    > line to Trend and used their online program - which could not
    > find a single virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am
    > waiting to hear from them.
    >
    > Luke

    You may want to try this :

    Disable your PC-Cillin for a while and run the online antivirus.

    Jaypie

    Jaypie, Apr 19, 2004
  8. In article Hwygc.1076$,
    "pcbutts1" <> said:
    -->
    -->Did it quarantine them?
    -->
    -->--
    -->
    -->
    -->The best live web video on the internet
    -->http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    -->Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    -->news:9Dwgc.50322$...
    -->> I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located
    -->over 400
    -->> infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on line to
    -->Trend
    -->> and used their online program - which could not find a single
    -->> virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am waiting to hear
    -->from
    -->> them.
    -->>
    -->> Luke
    -->>
    -->>
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->

    No!

    I have since gone on line and used Panda to eliminate all the
    viruses. It quarantened a few and eliminated the rest.

    Manny thanks for your response.

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Apr 19, 2004
  9. In article e2Egc.2304$,
    "Jaypie" <> said:
    -->
    -->"Luke O'Malley" <> a écrit dans le
[...]

    I did that! My only success was using Panda.

    Thank you for responding.
    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Apr 19, 2004
  10. In article TSwgc.2168$,
    "boon" <> said:
    -->
    -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    -->news:9Dwgc.50322$...
    -->> I had a virus. I used my up-to-date PC-Cillin. It located
    -->over 400
    -->> infected files, but it did not clean them. I went on line to
    -->Trend
    -->> and used their online program - which could not find a single
    -->> virus!!! I still have the virus . . . I am waiting to hear
    -->from
    -->> them.
    -->>
    -->> Luke
    -->>
    -->what was the name of this virus?
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->

    This is strange too. Originally, when I ran PC-Cillin it showed up
    PE_valla.a and another - it was a backdoor litmus. When I ran Panda
    it turned up the following:
    Backdoor.beast200
    w32/valla.2048
    bck/hackamy.gen
    trj/downloader.an
    eaploit/iframe
    backdoor.litmus.203

    Originally I ran the online Panda and it seemed to be going
    extremely slow. After it had cleaned - so it said - slightly over
    100 files I stopped it. When I finally went back to Panda I found
    that it had really cleaned them. I ran Panda for about 15 hours!!!
    It worked.

    Many thanks for replying.

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Apr 19, 2004