    been unable to stop it. Have gone to their website do to research on the
    problem, but was unable to find an answer. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    thanks, Monika

    Purpledawn, Sep 11, 2009

  2. Purpledawn

    1PW Guest

    Purpledawn wrote:
    > I have Trend Micro Internet Security for Dell (v. 16.6) installed on my pc
    > and just renewed my subscription for another year. The software has been
    > running since yesterday updating the latest security download and I have
    > been unable to stop it. Have gone to their website do to research on the
    > problem, but was unable to find an answer. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    > thanks, Monika

    Hello Monika:

    Through trendmicro.com, join their "Discussion Board" (Forum) and
    re-ask your question there.

    Advice: Use a great deal more detail to attract the better and
    quickest possible solutions.

    --
    1PW

    1PW, Sep 11, 2009

  3. Purpledawn

    Purpledawn Guest

    Thanks for the answer. I shall go there right now.
    Monika

    Purpledawn, Sep 11, 2009
  4. Purpledawn

    pimpom Guest

    Purpledawn wrote:
    > I have Trend Micro Internet Security for Dell (v. 16.6) installed on
    > my pc and just renewed my subscription for another year. The software
    > has been running since yesterday updating the latest security
    > download and I have been unable to stop it. Have gone to their
    > website do to research on the problem, but was unable to find an
    > answer. Does anyone have a suggestion? thanks, Monika

    I recently upgraded from Trend Micro's PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 to
    the current version. If that's the same as yours, there's provision to
    disable automatic updates. Main window -> Other Settings -> Automatic
    Updates -> Settings. Just untick the box for "Automatically check for
    updates".

    pimpom, Sep 12, 2009