Trend Micro PC-cillin question...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rindler Sigurd, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend Micro. Mine has
    expired and needs re-activation.
    It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site with so many
    different versions. Besides, their support is very busy and doesn't respond
    for days.

    I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro PC-cillin 2003".
    I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with different operating
    systems in one computer. Can I use the same copy of PC-cillin since the same
    computer is being used? Or do I need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses
    (downloadable)?

    One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages (incl.
    PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper than buying directly
    from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other online sources which offer similar
    discounts?

    Thanks in advance,
    S. Rindler

    Rindler Sigurd, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Rindler Sigurd

    Boomer Guest

    Rindler Sigurd said:

    > I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend
    > Micro. Mine has expired and needs re-activation.
    > It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site
    > with so many different versions. Besides, their support is very
    > busy and doesn't respond for days.
    >
    > I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro
    > PC-cillin 2003". I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with
    > different operating systems in one computer. Can I use the same
    > copy of PC-cillin since the same computer is being used? Or do I
    > need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses (downloadable)?
    >
    > One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages
    > (incl. PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper
    > than buying directly from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other
    > online sources which offer similar discounts?
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    > S. Rindler

    You could ask at this group:
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Have you checked out this antivirus product?
    eTrust
    http://www2.my-etrust.com/
    Boomer, Aug 19, 2003

  3. > You could ask at this group:
    > alt.comp.anti-virus

    Thanks... of course, why didn't I think that there is a NG available!

    > Have you checked out this antivirus product?
    > eTrust
    > http://www2.my-etrust.com/

    No, not yet. Will do right away.
    PC-Cillin is sooooo good... Haven't had a virus for 2 years! Well, I
    received many through Kazaa and other P2p software, but all were caught
    before doing any harm.

    Rindler Sigurd, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Rindler Sigurd

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Rindler Sigurd

    trout Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > Rindler Sigurd said:
    >
    >> I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend
    >> Micro. Mine has expired and needs re-activation.
    >> It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site
    >> with so many different versions. Besides, their support is very
    >> busy and doesn't respond for days.
    >>
    >> I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro
    >> PC-cillin 2003". I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with
    >> different operating systems in one computer. Can I use the same
    >> copy of PC-cillin since the same computer is being used? Or do I
    >> need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses (downloadable)?
    >>
    >> One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages
    >> (incl. PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper
    >> than buying directly from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other
    >> online sources which offer similar discounts?
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> S. Rindler

    > You could ask at this group:
    > alt.comp.anti-virus
    >
    > Have you checked out this antivirus product?
    > eTrust
    > http://www2.my-etrust.com/

    Was the "2" meant to be in that link?
    --
    "Wondering."
    trout, Aug 19, 2003
  6. Rindler Sigurd

    Boomer Guest

    trout said:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> Rindler Sigurd said:
    >>
    >>> I have a question regarding my antivirus software from Trend
    >>> Micro. Mine has expired and needs re-activation.
    >>> It's getting really hard to dig through the company's web site
    >>> with so many different versions. Besides, their support is very
    >>> busy and doesn't respond for days.
    >>>
    >>> I have upgraded my OS to Windows XP and want "Trend Micro
    >>> PC-cillin 2003". I use 4 exchangeable drawer-type hard drives with
    >>> different operating systems in one computer. Can I use the same
    >>> copy of PC-cillin since the same computer is being used? Or do I
    >>> need the 'overkill package' for 5 licenses (downloadable)?
    >>>
    >>> One more thing. I have seen various downloadable software packages
    >>> (incl. PC-cillin) at "SoftwareBoy" which is several $$ cheaper
    >>> than buying directly from Trend Micro. Does anybody know other
    >>> online sources which offer similar discounts?
    >>>

    >>> Thanks in advance,
    >>> S. Rindler

    >> You could ask at this group:
    >> alt.comp.anti-virus
    >>
    >> Have you checked out this antivirus product?
    >> eTrust
    >> http://www2.my-etrust.com/

    > Was the "2" meant to be in that link?

    Oop's.

    This is the correct link now.
    http://www.my-etrust.com/products/
    Boomer, Aug 19, 2003
  7. > Oop's.

    > This is the correct link now.
    > http://www.my-etrust.com/products/

    OK, I had a look. It might be the better deal over PC-cillin... if it is
    true what somebody else said.
    He has 3 machines and was able to use the same software package for all of
    them.
    Is this true. Trend Micro wants money for every individual machine. I don't
    mind paying 49 US$ for this deal.
    BTW, is it always running in the background? I am downloading frequently.

    Thanks,
    Sigi Rindler

    Rindler Sigurd, Aug 19, 2003
  8. Rindler Sigurd

    Boomer Guest

    Rindler Sigurd said:

    >> Oop's.
    >>
    >> This is the correct link now.
    >> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/
    >>

    > OK, I had a look. It might be the better deal over PC-cillin... if
    > it is true what somebody else said.
    > He has 3 machines and was able to use the same software package
    > for all of them.
    > Is this true. Trend Micro wants money for every individual
    > machine. I don't mind paying 49 US$ for this deal.
    > BTW, is it always running in the background? I am downloading
    > frequently.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sigi Rindler

    Hi

    I use AVG (freeware).

    You might ask the people at
    alt.comp.anti-virus for more info on my-etrust. Or e-mail CA or ??
    All I know is that it is a good product and I would _assume_ it is
    always running in the background.

    HTH
    Boomer, Aug 19, 2003