    cannot install one of it's required products. Contact technical support).

    So I tried reinstalling, but it wouldn't let me.

    I tried System Restore, that didn't work. Anybody know what to do.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybE1hcmtldA==?=, Jun 30, 2006

  2. First of all, file a bug report so that the files collected for MS by the
    MBC will reflect the situation. Next get on to the Trend Micro website and
    search the support section for a knowledgebase article on how to manually
    uninstall it. I found two such articles by searching on Issue =
    "uninstall", Product = PC-cillin Antivirus, Version = all, Document type =
    Solutions.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 30, 2006

  3. Typically, all the Restore Points that the system automatically maintains,
    will not work. Go through all available dates in the list, each time it
    fails takes about half an hour on my XP x64, when it hits a date that do
    work it takes a few seconds - since your Vista installation may be quite
    late and not many Restore Points be available to you, you may be out of
    luck, but I'd assume a least the first one after installing would work.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 30, 2006
  4. I agree about reporting it to MS, but how do I file a bug report? I was able
    to do an automatic problem report - (is that the same thing?)

    I'll see what I can find out from Trend Micro's site.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybE1hcmtldA==?=, Jun 30, 2006
  5. I agree about reporting it to MS, but how do I file a bug report? I was able

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybE1hcmtldA==?=, Jun 30, 2006
  6. I agree about reporting it to MS, but how do I file a bug report? I was able

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybE1hcmtldA==?=, Jun 30, 2006
  7. No. Click the Feedback link the Vista installation put on your desktop.
    The link in the second paragraph will start the process of installing the
    Microsot Beta Client and FTP tool on you system.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 30, 2006
  8. Please be aware that there is a bug in the web based newsreader. It often
    says it failed to post when it doesn't fail, causing you to double, triple
    or even quadruple post, making you look like a noob. IME, a single post is
    all that's required, regardless of what the [explitive deleted] web
    interface may say. Of course, if you really want to make sure, USE MICROSOFT
    MAIL or some other newsreader to post.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 30, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybE1hcmtldA==?=

    fluxetreflux Guest

    CarlMarket Wrote:
    > I installed Trend Micro for Vista Beta and it didn't work. So I trie
    > uninstalling it, but it keeps giving me an error and wont install
    > Here'
    > what I get... (Error 1713. Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 1
    > cannot install one of it's required products. Contact technica
    > support)
    >
    > So I tried reinstalling, but it wouldn't let me
    >
    > I tried System Restore, that didn't work. Anybody know what to do

    Hye

    I think (and i hope) you find a solution to this problem

    I have the same problem during two days just after upgrading to vist
    RC1. I did a lots of things : download a new version of pc-cilli
    (14.56) but it refused to install. I go to services and stop all abou
    trend, reboot and try to reinstall but nothing. On Trend Support the
    speak about PCCTOOL (see here in French : http://tinyurl.com/zmava).
    use this tool by going to uninstall Tab. After a few errors, i restar
    Vista and IT WAS CLEAN. I see nothing in services about Trend. I go t
    program files and delete the Trend Micro folder (i was surprised to se
    that both version 14.55 and 14.56 was there and take 294 Mb)

    Maybe the installation of PC-CILLIN (ver 14.56) will work now but
    don't want to use PC-CILLIN anymore . I heard in other forums that it'
    crashing explorer and takes a lot of ressource. In other forums som
    says : " Avast that is less of a resources hog". So i will try

    I won't say that PC-CILLIN is bad because it was the first free (for
    period) antivirus available for Vista Beta 2 and Microsoft propose onl
    this solution in Security Center..

    --
    fluxetreflu
    fluxetreflux's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=259