Trend Micro Internet Security question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    You should get into the habit of not running other
    programs whilst others are installing or updating.
    If it takes a while, go and make yourself a cup of
    coffee or something, while it updates.

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:50:20 +1300, in
    <e8qxd.29049$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    geopelia, Dec 20, 2004

  3. geopelia wrote:
    > Here's another dumb question.
    >
    > When I have Trend Micro Internet Security doing a manual update (which I do
    > every time I use the computer) and it is downloading files when "new
    > components are detected", is it safe to use Outlook Express while Trend
    > Micro is running behind it?
    > Could a virus get in before the installing finishes and the icon reappears
    > below?
    > It takes ages sometimes for the new stuff to download.
    >
    > Please don't tell me to ask Trend Micro (pc-cillin), their Help menu gives
    > answers to all kinds of problems except the ones I'm looking for. I suppose
    > they assume everybody already knows.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    From your description, it sounds as though you'd be vulnerable only to
    the newest viruses that arrived on the scene since you last updated. Not
    very likely to be a problem.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 20, 2004
  4. °Mike°

    Jerry G. Guest

    While your virus scanner or any type of program is in the midst of being
    updated, you should have as little activity as possible on your computer. If
    the virus scanner is temporarily disabled, because it is upgrading, you
    should not be browsing sites or downloading new emails, and not reading new
    emails until it has finished its installation and it has properly
    re-started.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Dec 20, 2004
  5. °Mike°

    geopelia Guest

    "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > While your virus scanner or any type of program is in the midst of being
    > updated, you should have as little activity as possible on your computer.

    If
    > the virus scanner is temporarily disabled, because it is upgrading, you
    > should not be browsing sites or downloading new emails, and not reading

    new
    > emails until it has finished its installation and it has properly
    > re-started.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jerry G.
    > =====

    Thank you.
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Dec 20, 2004
  6. °Mike°

    geopelia Guest

    geopelia, Dec 20, 2004
  7. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:27:32 +1300, in
    <ENxxd.29165$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> You should get into the habit of not running other
    >> programs whilst others are installing or updating.
    >> If it takes a while, go and make yourself a cup of
    >> coffee or something, while it updates.

    >Thank you
    >Geopelia

    You're welcome.