    OR
    A NEW TREE IN THE SAME FOREST

    AND WHY?
    *FESWANY, Feb 5, 2005

  2. *FESWANY

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "*FESWANY" <> say in news:#7REnA$CFHA.936
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > I HAVE 2 SITES CONNECTED WITH SLOW LINK
    > ONE OF THEM IS HEAD OFFICE ANOTHER ONE IS THE BRANCH
    >
    > WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR THE BRANCH ONE
    > TO MAKE IT CHILD OF THE HEAD OFFICE IN THE SAME TREE
    > OR
    > A NEW TREE IN THE SAME FOREST
    >
    > AND WHY?

    quit using all upper case. it hurts my eyes. and go read about sites
    (slow links are not a deciding factor for segregating domains)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - In case of emergency, break glass. Scream. Bleed to death.
    Neil, Feb 7, 2005

  3. *FESWANY

    Some Dude Guest

    Why can't it just be an OU in the same domain. You can still control
    site replication intervals.

    If you can't have it as part of the same domain, then either a child
    or separate tree would work fine. In fact you would actually have a
    little less replication as the domain partition would be smaller for
    that domain. But, if they have to reach objects in the other domain
    you will need access to a global catalog server, either by putting a
    local GC in the branch and then dealing with that replication or if
    you are using 2003 you could turn on Universal group caching.

    Shawn

    Some Dude, Feb 7, 2005