Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Dunf, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Dunf

    Dunf Guest

    Great flick, hard to find dvd. Of the 3 or 4 WB SE's released recently, this
    one seems the hardest to find. The documentary on John Huston hosted by
    Robert Mitchum is worth the price of admission alone. Lets not forget the WB
    cartoons, that "serial" feeling that is created with the trailers, etc..
    before the movie begins. I

    It would seem that Leonard Malton dropped his DVD Preview magazine (only Vol
    1 exists that I know about) in favour of hosting Disney and WB flicks on
    dvd. Leonard likes his animation and WB. If you enjoy one of John Huston's
    best films, go out and get this dvd! 5 words could make up a spoiler for
    this movie so here we go:

    ---------------spoiler------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------
    ----------------ahead-------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------

    ------keep
    scrolling-------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------

    -------------------------

    gold dust in the wind
    Dunf, Oct 8, 2003

  2. "Dunf" <> wrote in

    > Great flick, hard to find dvd. Of the 3 or 4 WB SE's released
    > recently, this one seems the hardest to find.

    Tell me about it. I pre-ordered TOTSM from DVD Planet and haven't received
    it yet. Release date Sept. 30?

    HJ
    Henry Jaclounge, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Saw it at Best Buy for $19.99 the day it was released. Waited until the
    weekend and picked it up at Costco for $18.79. Doesn't seem that hard to
    find. Great flick. I was really waiting for this one.

    Darrel Johansen, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Dunf

    jayembee Guest

    Henry Jaclounge <> wrote:

    >"Dunf" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Great flick, hard to find dvd. Of the 3 or 4 WB SE's released
    >> recently, this one seems the hardest to find.

    >Tell me about it. I pre-ordered TOTSM from DVD Planet and haven't
    >received it yet. Release date Sept. 30?

    Shrug.

    I bought my copy at Best Buy on 9/30, along with THE ADVENTURES OF
    ROBIN HOOD and YANKEE DOODLE DANDY. I'd say that there were far more
    copies of ROBIN HOOD there than the other two, but there were still
    plenty of copies of MADRE to be had.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Dunf

    Doonie Guest

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 04:02:23 GMT, jayembee wrote:

    >I bought my copy at Best Buy on 9/30, along with THE ADVENTURES OF
    >ROBIN HOOD and YANKEE DOODLE DANDY.

    Did you get them in the boxed set?
    Doonie, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Dunf

    jayembee Guest

    Doonie <> wrote:

    >jayembee wrote:
    >
    >>I bought my copy at Best Buy on 9/30, along with THE ADVENTURES OF
    >>ROBIN HOOD and YANKEE DOODLE DANDY.

    > Did you get them in the boxed set?

    No, I got them separately.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Dunf

    Evil Guest

    Henry Jaclounge <> wrote in message news:<Xns940DD53B5F676jvital1uicedu@204.127.199.17>...
    > "Dunf" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Great flick, hard to find dvd. Of the 3 or 4 WB SE's released
    > > recently, this one seems the hardest to find.

    > Tell me about it. I pre-ordered TOTSM from DVD Planet and haven't received
    > it yet. Release date Sept. 30?

    DVDPlanet? Well, that's the problem right there! Find some other
    source. ANY other source. you'll be lucky to get the dvd and have
    them only charge you once for it!
    Evil, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Dunf

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    In article <>, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > Henry Jaclounge <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Dunf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Great flick, hard to find dvd. Of the 3 or 4 WB SE's released
    >>> recently, this one seems the hardest to find.

    >>Tell me about it. I pre-ordered TOTSM from DVD Planet and haven't
    >>received it yet. Release date Sept. 30?

    > Shrug.
    >
    > I bought my copy at Best Buy on 9/30, along with THE ADVENTURES OF
    > ROBIN HOOD and YANKEE DOODLE DANDY. I'd say that there were far more
    > copies of ROBIN HOOD there than the other two, but there were still
    > plenty of copies of MADRE to be had.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Anyone know if these are limited-time releases, or are they likely to be
    around for a while?
    G. M. Watson, Oct 11, 2003
  9. Dunf

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    G. M. Watson wrote:

    > ----------
    > In article <>, jayembee
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Henry Jaclounge <> wrote:

    >>>Tell me about it. I pre-ordered TOTSM from DVD Planet and haven't
    >>>received it yet. Release date Sept. 30?

    >>Shrug.
    >>
    >>I bought my copy at Best Buy on 9/30, along with THE ADVENTURES OF
    >>ROBIN HOOD and YANKEE DOODLE DANDY. I'd say that there were far more
    >>copies of ROBIN HOOD there than the other two, but there were still
    >>plenty of copies of MADRE to be had.
    >>
    >>-- jayembee

    > Anyone know if these are limited-time releases, or are they likely to be
    > around for a while?

    I bought the whole legends collection last night at Borders. It was
    66.99 but they were having an "educator's discount" of 25% which got it
    down to 50 dollars, about as good as any of the places liste on
    dvdpricesearch. The sale goes through Sunday if you're a teacher and
    have an ID to prove it.

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Oct 12, 2003