Treasure Island night shots

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Cynicor

    Sharp Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:39:38 -0800, Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
    >
    >http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

    Looks good! You & the D200 make a good team.

    Sharp, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Cynicor

    Frank B Guest

    Nice, especially the first one. What was the light source? Love the way
    the moon is captured in that shot.

    Frank B, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Phil Stripling, Mar 16, 2006
  5. Cynicor

    secheese Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
    >
    >http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

    Of the five, I like the 4th one. The others do nothing for me.

    secheese, Mar 17, 2006
  6. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    secheese wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:39:38 -0800, Cynicor
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
    >>
    >>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

    > Of the five, I like the 4th one. The others do nothing for me.

    Thanks, now I have to go buy a broom for my shattered confidence. :-(

    Cynicor, Mar 17, 2006
  7. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    I had been shooting over at the SF skyline, and I looked back to the Bay
    Bridge to Oakland. I thought that they'd put up some bright construction
    lights. Five minutes later, I realized it was the moon rising, so I ran
    across the street and started shooting in that direction. The boats were
    mostly lit by the marina lights, and as always these days everything had
    that harsh orange sodium glow. I usually end up turning the white
    balance way down, to 3000 or so, to compensate a bit.

    Cynicor, Mar 17, 2006
  8. Cynicor

    secheese Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:44:05 -0500, Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >secheese wrote:
    >> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:39:38 -0800, Cynicor
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hopefully better than the forest shots I posted a couple of days ago.
    >>>
    >>>http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/1279919/

    >> Of the five, I like the 4th one. The others do nothing for me.

    >Thanks, now I have to go buy a broom for my shattered confidence. :-(

    hehe Sorry... damn text medium. Didn't intend to sound that harsh.
    Still say the 4th one is good.

    secheese, Mar 18, 2006