    normal. I was blaming the problems on ZoneAlarmPro v5 but after
    talking to them is seems the problems are caused by something
    else. Can anyone help?

    mediary, Jul 17, 2004

  2. mediary

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:07:40 GMT, mediary <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Everytime I boot or reboot my computer everything seems OK for a
    >few seconds and then my screen seems to refresh and most but not
    >all of my traybar icons are gone. I've downloaded and installed
    >the latest video driver from nVidia. It helped at first but then
    >the problem came back.
    >Another strange thing that's happening is when I bootup and open
    >the taskmanager there are several svchost running. One of them
    >says network service and another says local service. Is this
    >normal. I was blaming the problems on ZoneAlarmPro v5 but after
    >talking to them is seems the problems are caused by something
    >else. Can anyone help?

    Usually, the loss of the taskbar icons is due to an Explorer crash.

    Right-click "My Computer", and select "Manage".
    Expand the Event Viewer category and look through each of the three
    sub-categories for the red flagged error records. The date and time
    of these should correspond to your problem. Double click on an
    error record to see the details of the error and post back with the exact
    message.

    Unk, Jul 17, 2004