    it came. How do I get rid of it ?
    Thanks.
    Frank.
    f.poyser, Dec 26, 2003

  2. f.poyser

    Ionizer Guest

    "f.poyser" <> wrote in message
    news:bshij2$bh7$...
    > Hi.
    > On the bottom of the screen, right side, where the icons are, there has
    > appeared an icon which looks like a phone handset (yellow) with bubbles

    (?)
    > underneath. It doesnt appear to be functioning and I dont know from

    whence
    > it came. How do I get rid of it ?

    Does it provide any information when you right-click on it?

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Dec 26, 2003

  3. f.poyser

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    and paste the results here for further review.

    Harrison, Dec 26, 2003