    happy.

    Thanks in advance for any answers.

    Eric
    Eric E, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Eric E

    Boojumhunter Guest

    "Eric E" <> wrote in message
    news:cf303d$i1k$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
    > Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
    > pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
    > seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
    > copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
    > memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
    > places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
    > happy.

    Kinkos?

    Boojumhunter, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Eric E

    Roger Guest

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:30:49 +0200, Eric E <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
    >Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
    >pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
    >seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
    >copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
    >memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
    >places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
    >happy.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any answers.
    >
    >Eric

    Eric,

    Walgreens - part of the Safeway grocery chain of stores or Osco, part
    of the Albertsons' stores are drug-store/pharmacies, most of which
    have self serve photo kiosks that can provide that service. There is
    also a chain of photo stores Ritz/Wolf that also offer digital
    services. Some WalMart stores also offer digital services. You should
    be able to find a business to help you.

    That said, much of Wyoming and South Dakota and 2/3 of Colorado are
    "rural" states with small towns and widely separated population
    centers. A little extra memory to get you between stops may be a good
    idea - or some extended power to allow for some in-camera editing.
    Also, don't pass up an opportunity to off-load memory cards. Even on
    the interstate highways services may be widely separated and the view
    in-between cities/town/villages can be noteworthy.

    Regards,
    Roger
    Roger, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Eric E

    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
    >Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
    >pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
    >seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
    >copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
    >memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
    >places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
    >happy.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any answers.
    >
    >Eric

    Eric,

    I forgot to mention that this is good country for a polarizing filter.
    It's useful at high altitudes as well as on the plains to cut haze.

    Regards,
    Roger
    Roger, Aug 7, 2004
  5. Eric E

    Jerry D. Guest

    WalMart will copy your images from your CF to a CD (100 images per CD)
    for $3.84 each CD. Most major cities have several stores. Rite-Aid and
    Walgreens may also provide this service. JD

    Jerry D., Aug 7, 2004
  6. Eric E

    Guy Scharf Guest

    (Jerry D.) wrote:

    > WalMart will copy your images from your CF to a CD (100 images per
    > CD) for $3.84 each CD. Most major cities have several stores.
    > Rite-Aid and Walgreens may also provide this service. JD

    Long's Drugs also provides this service. However, to my dismay, they
    copied only JPG files and did not copy NEF files despite being asked to
    copy everything.

    Guy
    Guy Scharf, Aug 7, 2004
  7. Eric E

    Eric E Guest

    Roger a écrit :

    > On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:30:49 +0200, Eric E <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
    >>Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
    >>pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
    >>seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
    >>copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
    >>memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
    >>places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
    >>happy.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for any answers.
    >>
    >>Eric

    > Eric,
    >
    > I forgot to mention that this is good country for a polarizing filter.
    > It's useful at high altitudes as well as on the plains to cut haze.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Roger

    Thanks all for your kind help.

    Eric
    Eric E, Aug 8, 2004
  8. Eric E

    Mark Panitz Guest

    "Boojumhunter" <> wrote in message news:<Er9Rc.1536882$>...
    > "Eric E" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
    > > Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
    > > pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
    > > seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
    > > copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
    > > memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
    > > places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
    > > happy.

    > Kinkos?

    yes kinkos has those sony picture maker where you can burn
    photos from a Memory stick, CF, and other memory cards onto a CD
    (they aslo sell the CD)

    (in the LA area -to burn a CD is $4.99 not sure about the other states
    charges)
    Mark Panitz, Aug 10, 2004