    http://62.212.86.242/~thijs

    Any comments and/or suggestions greatly appreciated, regards,

    Thijs

    thijs, Aug 5, 2005

  2. thijs

    wavelength Guest

    Nice stuff. I'm jealous.

    wavelength, Aug 5, 2005

  3. thijs

    DHB Guest

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 20:21:21 +0200, "thijs" <>
    wrote:

    >Possibly slightly off topic, but nevertheless. I'm a travel photographer and
    >travel writer from Holland and I'm about to have my new website going live.
    >Would be very happy to receive some comments on:
    >
    >- the site itself (navigation, design, size etc.)
    >- the content (pics that you like, pics that you hate)
    >
    >Here's the temporary adress of the new site:
    >
    >http://62.212.86.242/~thijs
    >
    >Any comments and/or suggestions greatly appreciated, regards,
    >
    >Thijs

    Nice work, not everybody has the ability to put people at ease
    & capture their personalities as you seem to have done very with your
    "people Pictures" collection. There is not very little to criticize,
    in general I think you made great chooses both in your picture taking
    & editing however I have only 1 thing to suggest your consider.

    A couple of your "people Pictures" seem a bit over sharpened
    but this may just be "my" preference aside from that, I would say you
    might also want to watch that pictures don't get over saturated with
    color unless that's the intention.

    To my way of thinking most pictures should not look edited,
    again unless that is the intention. I commend your work, it certainly
    shows the people are basically the same throughout the world
    regardless of income, living conditions. Those boys doing hand stands
    for you could have been taken anywhere is the world. Just children
    having fun, the same way they do anywhere.

    Your philosophy is spot on as I see it. The buildings,
    structures, even landscapes mean very little if not put in context
    with the indigenous people, thanks for capturing what many, if not
    most people often miss in world travels, "the people".

    Best wishes.

    Respectfully, DHB

    ..

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, Aug 6, 2005