Trauma Survivors - You don't have to go it alone any more

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by steve@digitalterrain.net, May 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Almost to a person, those who have suffered serious physical trauma,
    whether by car accident, work related trauma injury, shooting and
    stabbing victims and other major trauma injuries have had few if any
    resources for their recovery other than professional help - the help
    that comes with a price tag. Some of the smallest demographics out
    there with respect to health problems have had local and national
    networks out there for years, especially thanks to the internet, yet
    trauma survivors have had absolutely nothing, with a handful of
    exceptions on the local level.

    That is about to change. TraumaSupport.org has taken the lead in being
    the only national resource for trauma survivors. It's a gap that has
    existed way too long, and it's our mission to fill it. As the only
    national gathering spot for trauma survivors, we seek to be a place of
    help, hope and healing, both physical and emotional to all trauma
    survivors out there, both recent and long-time trauma survivors. Being
    able to connect, many for the first time with other trauma survivors is
    a very empowering experience. If there is one common experience from
    one trauma survivor to the next, it's most likely the fact that you
    have struggled with the emotional impact of your trauma event alone.
    Even those who have had the good fortune to have people with the
    courage to listen to your issues, that usually doesn't work as well as
    a group of folks who have walked in your shoes.

    The primary thing that TraumaSupport.org offers is a forum where you
    can speak openly and freely about the impact your trauma has had on
    your life The forums are closed to the general public, so everyone
    should feel secure in the fact that only those who are fellow heroes or
    have a compelling interest in trauma survivor issues will have access
    to what you write. The real power of that forum comes through long time
    trauma survivors joining with us and sharing their path through
    recovery, and the immense wisdom they have amassed through that
    journey. That will make a huge difference in the struggle new trauma
    survivors have in front of them in finding the light at the end of the
    tunnel.

    Beyond being a place to work out issues and share wisdom, it is our
    mission to be change agents throughout our communities and throughout
    the nation and world through advocacy. There is no more fulfilling way
    to turn your tragedy into triumph than to have that tragedy used
    through advocacy to positively effect the lives of new trauma
    survivors, to be a voice in your community for driver safety through
    public presentations, and through affecting safety legislation in your
    area and across the nation. We seek to find those opportunities, and to
    help you to navigate your way in the area you live, to find ways to be
    a positive influence, and who knows... maybe even save a life or two
    along the way. There is no better way to put a positive spin on a very
    ugly experience than through advocacy.

    Beyond trauma survivors themselves, we also welcome trauma healthcare
    professionals, police/fire/ems, family and friends of trauma survivors,
    and anyone with a compelling interest in trauma survivor issues.

    Please feel free to join us at http://www.traumasupport.org

    We now have tutorial videos that show you how to get involved in the
    site, and our introduction video will not just help you to join, it
    will help you decide if TraumaSupport.org is the right fit for
    assistance in what you've been through. That video page is linked from
    our home page on the site above, or you can click this link to load the
    videos directly (a broadband connection is suggested).

    You may also catch my personal trauma blog where you can get a full
    orbed perspective of where I have been personally with respect to
    trauma injury, and my thoughts on emotional recovery and the trauma
    community in general.

    Links to both of the above on the main menu of the site.

    , May 5, 2006

  2. Helen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Almost to a person, those who have suffered serious physical trauma,
    > whether by car accident, work related trauma injury, shooting and

    dropping a digital camera on their foot?

    > You may also catch my personal trauma blog where you can get a full
    > orbed perspective of where I have been personally with respect to

    dropping a digital camera on your foot?

    Otherwise, what is the relevance to this NG?

    Helen, May 5, 2006

  3. secheese Guest

    On Fri, 5 May 2006 21:49:03 +0100, "Helen" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Almost to a person, those who have suffered serious physical trauma,
    >> whether by car accident, work related trauma injury, shooting and

    >dropping a digital camera on their foot?
    >

    >> You may also catch my personal trauma blog where you can get a full
    >> orbed perspective of where I have been personally with respect to

    >dropping a digital camera on your foot?
    >
    >Otherwise, what is the relevance to this NG?

    Perhaps a "shooting" victim?

    secheese, May 6, 2006