    These emails are still there, what if I want them back, is it possible.

    Many thanks for any help...

    , Dec 8, 2005

  2. Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:

    > Netscape 7.1 using windows 2000. If someone could answer this, it will
    > help me figure a greater problem.
    >
    > I opened my trash file using wordpad and copied the contents.
    > Then I opened netscape mail and deleted all the files in my trash
    > folder.
    > The size of the file didn't change so I opened it with wordpad and
    > noticed totally no difference in the text but am unable to see the
    > email now.
    >
    > What changes are made in the mail client when I delete files from the
    > trash folder?
    > These emails are still there, what if I want them back, is it possible.
    >
    > Many thanks for any help...

    When you delete files in a Mozilla-based app you are only /marking/ them
    for deletion at a later time during automatic or manual compaction.

    Use the Compact Folders option on the File menu. Further, look in
    Preferences - Mail&Newsgroups - Offline&DiskSpace and set some
    appropriate number for automatic compaction.

    Finally, if you manually delete items in the Trash folder they are not
    deleted, just marked. If you use the Empty Trash option on the file (or
    right-click) menu the Trash folder/file really are emptied.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    I accidentally deleted emails in my trash, thinking I was in my inbox.
    The old hand being quicker than the eye.

    If they are just marked for deletion, is there any way to un-mark them
    and get them back?

    , Dec 8, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > I accidentally deleted emails in my trash, thinking I was in my inbox.
    > The old hand being quicker than the eye.
    >
    > If they are just marked for deletion, is there any way to un-mark them
    > and get them back?

    Here is Ramona's help page on the subject:

    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/restoredelmail.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    After deletion, receives a 0009. Just rename it to 0001 and it's back.
    Compression doesn't make any difference, still there for renaming.
    Excellent, thank you for the link.

    , Dec 13, 2005