    internal network (port 80) to the proxy server (217.6.x.114)?

    Thanks,
    Enrico

    Enrico Gloeckner, Nov 9, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Enrico Gloeckner <> wrote:
    :I have
    :- internal (inside) network 192.168.147.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
    :- a proxy server 217.6.x.114 netmask 255.255.255.248 in
    : dmz (interface dmz)
    :- and outside interface, connected to internet

    :Internet-traffic (http) runs now from internal network over outside
    :interface (nat) to internet.

    :I would like forward http from internal network to internet over the
    :proxy server (in dmz) now. How I can forward this connections from
    :internal network (port 80) to the proxy server (217.6.x.114)?

    The only potential way to do it with the present versions of PIX
    software (in particular 6.3(3)) would be by setting up a policy route --
    which is deeply tied to OSPF. A couple of people have looked at it and
    have indicated they haven't found any way to use the present
    policy route feature to do static policy routing without going through
    the trouble of setting up a real OSPF route server.
    --
    How does Usenet function without a fixed point?

    Walter Roberson, Nov 9, 2003