    Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.
    Matty F, May 7, 2005

  2. Matty F

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > This is very cool and I want to do it myself.
    > Do not bother the newsgroups with explanations how it's done or that
    > it's a fake (it's not).
    > If it's not immediately obvious how it's done, you will not be able to
    > do it yourself.
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    >
    > Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    > the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    > And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.

    Looks great but only really works from one particular viewing spot though
    huh?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, May 7, 2005

  3. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Matty F wrote:
    >
    >>This is very cool and I want to do it myself.
    >>Do not bother the newsgroups with explanations how it's done or that
    >>it's a fake (it's not).
    >>If it's not immediately obvious how it's done, you will not be able to
    >>do it yourself.
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    >>
    >>Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    >>the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    >>And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.

    > Looks great but only really works from one particular viewing spot though
    > huh?

    Yes, but just have it right for when people look at it from your office
    door. Actually, it just occurred to me that I could have a webcam behind
    my screen that displays on my screen. (There is a window with a great
    view, behind my screen!)
    Matty F, May 7, 2005
  4. Matty F

    Tarla Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > This is very cool and I want to do it myself.
    > Do not bother the newsgroups with explanations how it's done or that
    > it's a fake (it's not).
    > If it's not immediately obvious how it's done, you will not be able to
    > do it yourself.
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    >
    > Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    > the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    > And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.

    Cool shit! I liked the one with the cat, in particular. It must have
    been difficult setting up that shot.
    Tarla, May 7, 2005
  5. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    Tarla wrote:
    > Matty F wrote:

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    >>
    >> Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    >> the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    >> And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.
    >>

    > Cool shit! I liked the one with the cat, in particular. It must have
    > been difficult setting up that shot.

    I prefer the shots that are not too contrived. Who wants to leave
    sausages behind their screen for weeks?
    While I admire the effort that some people have gone to, e.g. having
    multiple transparent screens in front of each other, that's not
    something that is practical to use like that indefinitely.
    I'm just going to have a wall, curtain and window with a view, behind my
    transparent screen.
    Now of course everyone will have to follow the link to see what the hell
    we are talking about :)
    Matty F, May 7, 2005
  6. Matty F

    A Guest

    On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:24:12 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    wrote:

    >Matty F wrote:
    >> This is very cool and I want to do it myself.
    >> Do not bother the newsgroups with explanations how it's done or that
    >> it's a fake (it's not).
    >> If it's not immediately obvious how it's done, you will not be able to
    >> do it yourself.
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    >>
    >> Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    >> the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    >> And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.

    >Looks great but only really works from one particular viewing spot though
    >huh?

    And also with one light source. Ok for an office which uses 100%
    artificial light.

    Still - looks cool and I want to do it now.
    A, May 8, 2005
  7. Matty F

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "A" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:24:12 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Matty F wrote:
    > >> This is very cool and I want to do it myself.
    > >> Do not bother the newsgroups with explanations how it's done or that
    > >> it's a fake (it's not).
    > >> If it's not immediately obvious how it's done, you will not be able to
    > >> do it yourself.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    > >>
    > >> Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    > >> the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    > >> And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.

    > >Looks great but only really works from one particular viewing spot though
    > >huh?

    > And also with one light source. Ok for an office which uses 100%
    > artificial light.
    >
    > Still - looks cool and I want to do it now.

    A picture of it looks good enough, but it wouldn't look that great in real
    life. The quality is hardly going to match up for 1 thing.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 8, 2005
  8. Matty F

    Robert Cooze Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "A" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:24:12 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Looks great but only really works from one particular viewing spot though
    >>>huh?

    >>And also with one light source. Ok for an office which uses 100%
    >>artificial light.
    >>
    >>Still - looks cool and I want to do it now.

    > A picture of it looks good enough, but it wouldn't look that great in real
    > life. The quality is hardly going to match up for 1 thing.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Had a go my self:)

    http://www.flickr.com/people/retro_photography/

    Robert Cooze, May 8, 2005
  9. Matty F

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    >> "A" <> wrote in message

    >>> And also with one light source. Ok for an office which uses 100%
    >>> artificial light.
    >>>
    >>> Still - looks cool and I want to do it now.

    >> A picture of it looks good enough, but it wouldn't look that great in
    >> real
    >> life. The quality is hardly going to match up for 1 thing.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Had a go my self:)
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/people/retro_photography/

    Woops I Ment

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/retro_photography/

    Robert Cooze, May 8, 2005
  10. Matty F

    Anybody Guest

    Matty F wrote:

    > This is very cool and I want to do it myself.
    > Do not bother the newsgroups with explanations how it's done or that
    > it's a fake (it's not).
    > If it's not immediately obvious how it's done, you will not be able to
    > do it yourself.
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/7234920/in/set-180637/
    >
    > Oh all right, you take two pictures of your computer and surroundings,
    > the second one with the screen missing, and put that on your desktop.
    > And maybe put in some fake shadows with Photoshop.

    The easiest way would be to hide a webcm behind the screen and use an
    Active Desktop application to get a live picture from the webcam. :)
    Anybody, May 8, 2005
  11. Matty F

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message
    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    > > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > >
    > >> "A" <> wrote in message

    surroundings,

    desktop.

    > >> A picture of it looks good enough, but it wouldn't look that great in
    > >> real
    > >> life. The quality is hardly going to match up for 1 thing.
    > >>
    > >> E. Scrooge
    > >>

    > > Had a go my self:)
    > >
    > > http://www.flickr.com/people/retro_photography/
    > >

    > Woops I Ment
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/retro_photography/

    You've matched it up to the background quite well.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 8, 2005
  12. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:

    > "Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message

    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/retro_photography/

    > You've matched it up to the background quite well.

    Remarkably well. Why is the screen on the wrong side of the lid?
    Matty F, May 8, 2005
  13. Matty F

    Robert Cooze Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Robert Cooze wrote:

    > surroundings,

    > desktop.

    >>>Had a go my self:)
    >>>
    >>>http://www.flickr.com/people/retro_photography/
    >>>

    >>Woops I Ment
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/retro_photography/

    > You've matched it up to the background quite well.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    When You Look at it and look for these :)

    the screen is a LCD

    there fore White will be TRANPEARENT
    other colours will be seen Inc Black

    It is in reverse as this was a regular Lapptopp

    All of the ones I saw on the site seemed to ignore that.

    A trypod does wonders.

    Robert Cooze, May 8, 2005
  14. Matty F

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    > > "Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message

    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/retro_photography/

    > > You've matched it up to the background quite well.

    > Remarkably well. Why is the screen on the wrong side of the lid?

    I wondered the same at first, but being transparent (or at least look that
    way) one should look through the computer either way. From the rear makes
    it a bit different from the others.
    I couldn't tell if he had reversed the icons to make it look as if they were
    seen from behind looking through the back of it.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 8, 2005
  15. Matty F

    BTMO Guest

    "Robert Cooze" <> wrote

    > When You Look at it and look for these :)
    >
    > the screen is a LCD
    >
    > there fore White will be TRANPEARENT
    > other colours will be seen Inc Black
    >
    > It is in reverse as this was a regular Lapptopp
    >
    > All of the ones I saw on the site seemed to ignore that.
    >
    > A trypod does wonders.

    Are you trying to convince us you are really Woger???

    ;-)
    BTMO, May 8, 2005
  16. Matty F

    Robert Cooze Guest

    BTMO wrote:
    > "Robert Cooze" <> wrote
    >

    >>When You Look at it and look for these :)
    >>
    >>the screen is a LCD
    >>
    >>there fore White will be TRANPEARENT
    >>other colours will be seen Inc Black
    >>
    >>It is in reverse as this was a regular Lapptopp
    >>
    >>All of the ones I saw on the site seemed to ignore that.
    >>
    >>A trypod does wonders.

    > Are you trying to convince us you are really Woger???
    >
    > ;-)

    Look At my Hedders :)

    I am too young to be a Wrodger!

    Robert Cooze, May 8, 2005
  17. Matty F

    Robert Cooze Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message

    >>>You've matched it up to the background quite well.

    >>Remarkably well. Why is the screen on the wrong side of the lid?

    > I wondered the same at first, but being transparent (or at least look that
    > way) one should look through the computer either way. From the rear makes
    > it a bit different from the others.
    > I couldn't tell if he had reversed the icons to make it look as if they were
    > seen from behind looking through the back of it.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Ok I reverced a Kde Desktop and took out the white.
    I cut a virtual Hole in the back of the lappy and bevieled it
    I put some curictury in the back with a bit of a shadow from the hole.
    I also put a slightly frosted scteen behind the desktop as well.

    The Photo is made up from two shots and a screen dump.

    The Task Bar is the only thing that looks reversed :( mind you When you
    think about it a Transpearent LCD would be hard to see using current
    desktop styles, these are relient on a Light emmitting source ether
    electrons hitting Phophrous or a fluro in the background.

    Robert Cooze, May 8, 2005
  18. Matty F

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    >> "Matty F" <> wrote in message

    >>> Remarkably well. Why is the screen on the wrong side of the lid?

    >> I wondered the same at first, but being transparent (or at least look
    >> that
    >> way) one should look through the computer either way. From the rear
    >> makes
    >> it a bit different from the others.
    >> I couldn't tell if he had reversed the icons to make it look as if
    >> they were
    >> seen from behind looking through the back of it.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Ok I reverced a Kde Desktop and took out the white.
    > I cut a virtual Hole in the back of the lappy and bevieled it
    > I put some curictury in the back with a bit of a shadow from the hole.
    > I also put a slightly frosted scteen behind the desktop as well.
    >
    > The Photo is made up from two shots and a screen dump.
    >
    > The Task Bar is the only thing that looks reversed :( mind you When you
    > think about it a Transpearent LCD would be hard to see using current
    > desktop styles, these are relient on a Light emmitting source ether
    > electrons hitting Phophrous or a fluro in the background.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/retro_photography/sets/315373/
    You can now see the source shots the rest was done with photoshop:)

    Robert Cooze, May 8, 2005
  19. Matty F

    Tarla Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    >> "A" <> wrote in message

    >>> And also with one light source. Ok for an office which uses 100%
    >>> artificial light.
    >>>
    >>> Still - looks cool and I want to do it now.

    >> A picture of it looks good enough, but it wouldn't look that great in
    >> real
    >> life. The quality is hardly going to match up for 1 thing.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Had a go my self:)
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/people/retro_photography/

    Good tries, but transparent is spelled incorrectly on your pages.
    Tarla, May 8, 2005
  20. Matty F

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 07:36:07 +1200, Tarla <>
    wrote:

    >Robert Cooze wrote:
    >> E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>
    >>> "A" <> wrote in message

    >>> A picture of it looks good enough, but it wouldn't look that great in
    >>> real
    >>> life. The quality is hardly going to match up for 1 thing.
    >>>
    >>> E. Scrooge
    >>>

    >> Had a go my self:)
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/people/retro_photography/
    >>

    >Good tries, but transparent is spelled incorrectly on your pages.

    You have spelt your name incorrectly Tarda :)
    Bret, May 8, 2005