    http://tinypic.com/5l59p4
    (4K jpg)
    Just look at the picture while Winamp visualization is running.

    Matty F, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Matty F

    Richard Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > Does anyone know why the colour RGB(31,0,15) has a special meaning?
    > If it occurs in a picture that is displayed on your screen, and Winamp
    > visualization is playing in the background, the visualization will show
    > through any part of the picture which is that colour.
    > RGB(32,0,15) RGB(31,0,14) or any other values do not have that effect.
    >
    > I am unable to search Google for the exact string 31,0,15 as it thinks
    > the commas are not part of the string.
    >
    > Here's a whole picture of that colour for you to experiment with:
    > http://tinypic.com/5l59p4
    > (4K jpg)
    > Just look at the picture while Winamp visualization is running.

    Thats just the colour that the winamp developers chose to be there overlay
    colour. Blame backwards PC graphics api's for not supporting an alpha channel
    for the need to choose a certain colour to key onto.

    Richard, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Matty F wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know why the colour RGB(31,0,15) has a special meaning?
    >> If it occurs in a picture that is displayed on your screen, and Winamp
    >> visualization is playing in the background, the visualization will
    >> show through any part of the picture which is that colour.
    >> RGB(32,0,15) RGB(31,0,14) or any other values do not have that effect.
    >>
    >> I am unable to search Google for the exact string 31,0,15 as it thinks
    >> the commas are not part of the string.
    >>
    >> Here's a whole picture of that colour for you to experiment with:
    >> http://tinypic.com/5l59p4
    >> (4K jpg)
    >> Just look at the picture while Winamp visualization is running.
    >>

    > Thats just the colour that the winamp developers chose to be there
    > overlay colour. Blame backwards PC graphics api's for not supporting an
    > alpha channel for the need to choose a certain colour to key onto.

    Thanks. It has a really weird effect when the pupils of an eye are that
    colour. :)

    Matty F, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Matty F

    akiwi Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:50:21 +1200, Matty F <>
    wrote:

    >I am unable to search Google for the exact string 31,0,15 as it thinks
    >the commas are not part of the string.

    If you use google advanced search you can search for exact phrase 31 0
    15 and it finds sequences of those numbers with a variety of
    separators between the numbers. If you add rgb to the "all the words"
    field you get closer to what you want. Or just enter "31 0 15" rgb on
    main google page.

    I guess search engines index web pages based on whole words and commas
    or punctuation are considered as terminators/separators of whole
    words. I wonder how the indexing finds phrases? (The speed of search
    engines still impresses me.)

    akiwi

    akiwi, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Matty F

    sal Guest

    I'm unable to reproduce this effect. So if you are looking at the
    posted image in a browser (say, Fx) with WinAmp(5.x) behind it, the
    visualisation should be showing through the image?

    sal, Jun 14, 2005