  1. <http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=10831>

    What’s the point? One obvious one: reversible display, viewable from either
    side.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 9, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:22:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    ><http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=10831>
    >
    >What’s the point? One obvious one: reversible display, viewable from either
    >side.

    Yes what is the Point OLEDS Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
    going to be fitted to Cell Phones as most people upgrade in that time..

    OLED keep far far a way from them..
    Mary Hanna, Jan 9, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Jan 9, 8:39 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:

    > Yes what is the Point OLEDS   Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
    > going to be fitted to Cell Phones  as most people upgrade in that time...
    >
    > OLED keep far far a way from them..

    Reports suggest 5-7 years lifespan on average of the current
    generation of the technology, but vast improvements to that lifespan
    have already been made albeit at an experimental level.
    Simon, Jan 10, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:03:36 -0800 (PST), Simon <> wrote:

    >On Jan 9, 8:39 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes what is the Point OLEDS   Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
    >> going to be fitted to Cell Phones  as most people upgrade in that time..
    >>
    >> OLED keep far far a way from them..

    >Reports suggest 5-7 years lifespan on average of the current
    >generation of the technology, but vast improvements to that lifespan
    >have already been made albeit at an experimental level.

    Yes is that a 24/7 uses, or what they think it can do..?

    I see that Kodak has dropped them..
    Mary Hanna, Jan 10, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Jan 10, 6:55 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:03:36 -0800 (PST), Simon <> wrote:
    > >On Jan 9, 8:39 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:

    > >> Yes what is the Point OLEDS Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
    > >> going to be fitted to Cell Phones as most people upgrade in that time...

    > >> OLED keep far far a way from them..

    > >Reports suggest 5-7 years lifespan on average of the current
    > >generation of the technology, but vast improvements to that lifespan
    > >have already been made albeit at an experimental level.

    > Yes is that a 24/7  uses, or what they think it can do..?
    >
    > I see that Kodak  has dropped them..

    I think that was 8/hours per day. Until the technology improves, those
    who need displays running 24x7 would obviously be better purchasing
    LCD/Plasma etc. displays.

    Kodak may have dropped OLED technology because they will be brining
    out their own alternative. They are very much into creating and
    marketing their own IP.
    Simon, Jan 10, 2010