    name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?

    TIA

    Peter.

    PJK, Jul 28, 2004

  2. PJK

    Rick Merrill Guest

    PJK wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
    > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Peter.

    try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!

    Rick Merrill, Jul 28, 2004

  3. PJK

    PJK Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > PJK wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
    > > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Peter.
    > >

    > try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!

    Thanks, but I don't have MS photo editor and as I only have one image to do
    I was hoping for a suggestion of a free prog.

    Cheers

    Peter

    PJK, Jul 28, 2004
  4. PJK

    Steve Guest

    "PJK" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know

    the
    > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Peter.

    Not sure if its what you are after but I've used
    http://www.gifworks.com/ before to make gifs transparent

    Steve, Jul 28, 2004
  5. PJK

    frank Guest

    "PJK" <> wrote in message

    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > > PJK wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know

    the
    > > > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
    > > >
    > > > TIA
    > > >
    > > > Peter.
    > > >

    > > try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!
    > >

    > Thanks, but I don't have MS photo editor and as I only have one image to

    do
    > I was hoping for a suggestion of a free prog.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Peter

    They're all free if you look in the right places!

    frank, Jul 28, 2004
  6. PJK

    Hans Witt Guest

    www.download.com, search for < gif editor> and pick one of the freeware /
    sharewares. there must be several with a transparant - gif function

    Steve <> schreef in berichtnieuws
    ce8oh9$59r$...

    Hans Witt, Jul 28, 2004
  7. PJK

    Peter Guest

    "PJK" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
    > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Peter.

    Email it to me I'll make it transparent.
    You'll need to let me know what parts you want transparent

    Peter, Jul 28, 2004
  8. PJK

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 29, 2004
  9. PJK

    Rick Merrill Guest

    PJK wrote:
    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>PJK wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
    >>>name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>
    >>>Peter.
    >>>

    >>try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!
    >>

    > Thanks, but I don't have MS photo editor and as I only have one image to do
    > I was hoping for a suggestion of a free prog.

    I got it free and I use it to make transparent GIF for web pages. - RM

    Rick Merrill, Jul 29, 2004
  10. PJK

    JamesBenson Guest

    As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
    stood next to them

    JamesBenson, Jul 29, 2004
  11. PJK

    Rosco Guest

    JamesBenson cried out

    > As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well
    > I was stood next to them
    >

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> PhotoFiltre:
    >> http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm
    >>
    >> IrfanView
    >> http://www.irfanview.com/
    >>

    >> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:24:07 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> PJK scrawled:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody
    >> >know the name of any simple free programmes which would let me
    >> >do it?
    >> >
    >> >TIA
    >> >
    >> >Peter.
    >> >

    >> --
    >> Basic computer maintenance

    Go to http://www.gifworks.com upload the picture to there. On one of
    the menus, select add transparancy. Then in the popup box click on
    the image what you want to be transparent, (IE background)

    Rosco, Jul 30, 2004
  12. PJK

    PJK Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message

    > Not sure if its what you are after but I've used
    > http://www.gifworks.com/ before to make gifs transparent

    Thanks to you and to Rosco who made the same suggestion - a great site did
    just what I needed.

    Peter.

    PJK, Jul 30, 2004