    Anyone know anything about 'em?

    Cheers,

    Nick.

    nrennie, Mar 15, 2005

  2. nrennie

    Richard Guest

    nrennie wrote:
    > I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
    > in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    > Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    > Anyone know anything about 'em?

    Looked nice?! They are 480 line panels! Cheap tho...

    Mind you a daewoo goes for 799 pounds, so its still got a we way to go to being
    cheap here...

    Richard, Mar 15, 2005

  3. On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:21:53 +1300, "nrennie" <> wrote:

    >I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
    >in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    >Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    >Anyone know anything about 'em?
    >

    >Cheers,
    >
    >Nick.

    And After 2 years...???

    Yes you dump it..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 15, 2005
  4. nrennie

    Peter Lowrie Guest

    Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
    post should be on nz.tech.

    Transonic are a no-name brand rebadged. They are very cheap and this shows
    up in the shoddy construction quality. I've repaired a few Transonic
    tellies over the yrs. Despite spare parts being easy to locate they are
    generally of dubious quality.

    If you can pay extra to get an extended warranty then it may be worth it.

    2c
    Peter

    Peter Lowrie, Mar 15, 2005
  5. nrennie

    XPD Guest

    "Peter Lowrie" <> wrote in message
    > Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
    > post should be on nz.tech.

    Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/

    And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

    XPD, Mar 15, 2005
  6. XPD wrote:
    >>Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
    >>post should be on nz.tech.

    > Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
    > And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

    he makes leds go brighter but burn out quicker(can anyone tell me what
    over-volting a led does:) and sells the idea for $900,000 US

    I'd imagine someone like this would stick in your head.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  7. nrennie

    XPD Guest

    > XPD wrote:
    > >>Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
    > >>post should be on nz.tech.

    > > Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
    > > And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

    > he makes leds go brighter but burn out quicker(can anyone tell me what
    > over-volting a led does:) and sells the idea for $900,000 US
    >
    > I'd imagine someone like this would stick in your head.

    Ahh thats the one :D

    Cheers

    XPD, Mar 15, 2005
  8. nrennie

    steve Guest

    nrennie wrote:
    > I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
    > in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    > Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    > Anyone know anything about 'em?

    Is Transonic a reliable brand?

    I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
    on the basis that you get what you pay for:

    less

    steve, Mar 15, 2005
  9. nrennie

    steve Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Peter Lowrie" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
    >>post should be on nz.tech.

    > Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
    >
    > And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

    i STILL HAVEN'T SEEN pETER l'S POST ON MY NEWS SERVER......

    (BUGGER - CAPS LOCK ON AND TOO LAZY TO RE-TYPE IT).

    steve, Mar 15, 2005
  10. steve wrote:
    >> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I
    >> popped in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    >> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    >> Anyone know anything about 'em?

    > Is Transonic a reliable brand?
    > I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
    > on the basis that you get what you pay for:

    their DVD players seem fine.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  11. steve wrote:
    >>> Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
    >>> post should be on nz.tech.

    >> Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
    >> And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

    > i STILL HAVEN'T SEEN pETER l'S POST ON MY NEWS SERVER......
    > (BUGGER - CAPS LOCK ON AND TOO LAZY TO RE-TYPE IT).

    heh, your second line was almost as long.
    maybe it got lost on the way, the other day I saw a post pop up on one
    newsserver that I saw almost a month ago on another, truly odd.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  12. nrennie

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > nrennie wrote:
    > > I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I

    popped
    > > in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    > > Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    > > Anyone know anything about 'em?

    > Is Transonic a reliable brand?
    >
    > I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
    > on the basis that you get what you pay for:
    >
    > less

    If they weren't reliable enough. You'd hardly want to be selling them over
    the years knowing that everyone one of them would be quickly coming back
    stuffed for a full refund.

    My Transonic DVD player is still going well from about 2 years ago. Because
    it can handle CDRs as well it gets a lot more use than the Toshiba player
    that cost many times more.

    The only problem with the Warehouse is that you get to miss out on all the
    fun of mail order hassles if the product is faulty. Surely the last thing
    you want is on the spot satisfaction from the Warehouse when you could be
    spending a month or emailing about problems and having to freight a stuffed
    product back and forth?

    The customer satisfaction policy of quickly sorting out any problems at the
    Warehouse couldn't be better. Probably why the outfit is still in business
    and getting more electrical goods more than ever.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 15, 2005
  13. In article <d17l60$ht2$>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    >steve wrote:
    >>> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I
    >>> popped in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    >>> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    >>> Anyone know anything about 'em?

    >> Is Transonic a reliable brand?
    >> I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
    >> on the basis that you get what you pay for:

    >their DVD players seem fine.

    Likewise the CD/MP3 players.
    Personally, I doubt very much the old 'ya get what ya pay for" is true any
    more. Certainly a high price is not an indication of quality :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 15, 2005
  14. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:41:23 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >nrennie wrote:
    >> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
    >> in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    >> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    >> Anyone know anything about 'em?

    >Is Transonic a reliable brand?

    Its not even a Brand full stop, its 200% utter CRAP..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 15, 2005
  15. nrennie

    A Guest

    wrote:

    >nrennie wrote:
    >> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
    >> in to their Maukau store this arvo.
    >> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
    >> Anyone know anything about 'em?

    >Is Transonic a reliable brand?
    >
    >I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
    > on the basis that you get what you pay for:
    >
    >less

    You take your chances. Transonic is the Warehouse in-house brand so
    they slap it on pretty much any other no-name brand they can get.

    Some items are fine and better than so-called name brands. Other times
    its crap.

    A, Mar 16, 2005
  16. nrennie

    steve Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > Personally, I doubt very much the old 'ya get what ya pay for" is true any
    > more. Certainly a high price is not an indication of quality :)

    Yes and no.

    I find the mid-range will give you the right balance between features /
    functions / price / reliability.

    The low end will have a higher failure rate....so there is a chance your
    device will fail completely or loose some functionality fairly
    quickly....or it might last years.

    The high end will is either cutting edge or not of general interest / use.

    steve, Mar 16, 2005
  17. In article <4237f629$1_1@127.0.0.1>, steve <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> Personally, I doubt very much the old 'ya get what ya pay for" is true any
    >> more. Certainly a high price is not an indication of quality :)

    >Yes and no.
    >
    >I find the mid-range will give you the right balance between features /
    >functions / price / reliability.

    Maybe. IME the mid and high price range stuff fails just as often.
    You just have to be prepared to take it back if it craps out ... whatever
    it is.

    >The low end will have a higher failure rate

    Not IME.

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 16, 2005
  18. nrennie

    nrennie Guest

    Nope, don't work there. Never have in the past and I say with absolute
    certainty that I won't in the future. Don't have any Warehouse shares
    either.

    And if I did work there, do you really think I would try to push Warehouse
    stuff over a newsgroup in my time off?

    Come on! Think about it.

    Thanks to the other people who replied. :)

    Nick.

    nrennie, Mar 17, 2005