    I want to change that with a command or a policy ore something like that. I
    try to find the register keys, but it dassn't work if I put them back with a
    reg-file. (I find the keys with regmon). Can someone help me?

    Theodora, Apr 10, 2008

  2. Hi
    I would be worried about the whole situation. There can always be
    Instruments that would be sensitive to the reduced power too.
    This is too dangerous, you should contact a consultant tat is specializing
    in such issues.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 10, 2008

  3. I don't know about the power setting,...some don't even have one.

    You can probably eliminate the whole problem by going to "A" Band instead of
    B/G. "A" runs in the higher 5 ghz band, it less suseptable to interferrence
    and is less like to interferre with other things.

    With B/G, if it interferres with medical equipment,...then it works both
    ways and the medical equipment would also interferre with it,...therefore
    reducing power on the WAPs and NICs could just simply render it useless
    because they would get stepped on by the more powerful medical
    equipment,...at least they would be more powerfule after you cut down the
    WAP's & NIC's power.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Apr 10, 2008
  4. "Theodora" <> wrote in message

    > I want to change the Transmit Power to reduce the radio coverage. It's
    > nessesary becouse I work in a hospital and it disturb the medical

    instuments.
    > I have an IntelPro/Wireless 3945ABG network Connection. I know I can

    change
    > it in the device manager by the properties of the wireless networkcard in

    the
    > tab Advanced under Transmit Power.
    > I have to change the Transmit Power on a lot of laptops in the hospital

    and
    > I want to change that with a command or a policy ore something like that.

    > try to find the register keys, but it dassn't work if I put them back with

    > reg-file. (I find the keys with regmon). Can someone help me?

    Before soliciting computer help you may need to consult either
    1. Your hospital's standing committee on electronic instrumentation
    and its shielding, or
    2. Your national standards institution (responsible for guidelines
    on shielding medical instruments from electronic interference.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Apr 10, 2008
  5. Theodora

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Theodora" <> wrote in message
    > I want to change the Transmit Power to reduce the radio coverage. It's
    > nessesary becouse I work in a hospital and it disturb the medical
    > instuments.
    > I have an IntelPro/Wireless 3945ABG network Connection. I know I can
    > change
    > it in the device manager by the properties of the wireless networkcard in
    > the
    > tab Advanced under Transmit Power.
    > I have to change the Transmit Power on a lot of laptops in the hospital
    > and
    > I want to change that with a command or a policy ore something like that.
    > try to find the register keys, but it dassn't work if I put them back with
    > reg-file. (I find the keys with regmon). Can someone help me?

    Please, contact the Intel technical support. They will help.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Apr 11, 2008