    What is the best way to transfer information from my old computer to new
    one? The old one is Windows 98 and the new one is Windows XP. Any help
    appreciated.

    Marilyn, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Marilyn

    Rob K Guest

    "Marilyn" a formulé la demande :

    > What is the best way to transfer information from my old computer to new
    > one? The old one is Windows 98 and the new one is Windows XP. Any help
    > appreciated.

    XP has a built-in feature to do that.
    IMHO, you are better off to properly install the new XP box first ,
    then
    1) create a network between the two boxes, or,
    2) 'slave' the old harddisk(s)
    to transfer your data.

    Post back if you need more information.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Marilyn

    Harrison Guest

    Pull the drive from the Windows 98 box and install it as a temporary
    secondary drive in the XP box. Run the files and settings transfer
    wizard under XP.
    Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools

    Harrison, Nov 30, 2003