    Thank you in advance for all replies.
    in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
    it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
    Daniel Prince, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Daniel Prince wrote:

    > My Windows XP got messed up so I did a new install on another
    > logical drive. I installed Mozilla in the new Windows and I was
    > able to transfer my bookmarks but I have not been able to transfer
    > my stored passwords. I copied all the (somenumber).s files from the
    > default directories in the old installation to the new but it still
    > does not know my passwords.
    >
    > Is it possible to transfer stored passwords and forms from one
    > Mozilla installation to another? If it is, how would I go about it?
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    I went through the same nightmare and hoped that I could just create my
    Mozilla profile and fill it with the contents from the old profile.
    But it didn't work. Similar problems with Calendar. In fact all
    Extensions have to be reloaded. Funny how hard it is to locate the
    extensions on Mozilla.org but Google finds them immediately.
    William W. Plummer, Dec 7, 2004

  3. William W. Plummer wrote:
    > Daniel Prince wrote:
    >
    >> My Windows XP got messed up so I did a new install on another
    >> logical drive. I installed Mozilla in the new Windows and I was
    >> able to transfer my bookmarks but I have not been able to transfer
    >> my stored passwords. I copied all the (somenumber).s files from the
    >> default directories in the old installation to the new but it still
    >> does not know my passwords.
    >> Is it possible to transfer stored passwords and forms from one
    >> Mozilla installation to another? If it is, how would I go about it?
    >> Thank you in advance for all replies.

    > I went through the same nightmare and hoped that I could just create my
    > Mozilla profile and fill it with the contents from the old profile. But
    > it didn't work. Similar problems with Calendar. In fact all
    > Extensions have to be reloaded. Funny how hard it is to locate the
    > extensions on Mozilla.org but Google finds them immediately.

    Irwin's help page should have all the information you need:

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    >Irwin's help page should have all the information you need:
    >
    >http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Thank you! It worked perfectly even though the instructions said
    that they were for 1.7 and above and I am using 1.6.
    --
    My cat Marmaduke likes to look out the window especially at
    night. He LOVES to smell out an open window especially at
    Daniel Prince, Dec 8, 2004