    --
    Thanks in advance

    Remove the XXX to reply

    Old Timer, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Old Timer

    CSM1 Guest

    "Old Timer" <> wrote in message
    news:4001eac4$0$26117$...
    > I only recently got this camera & had successfully transferred photo's

    from
    > camera to PC. I saw that the software then gave the options to clear

    memory
    > card & transfer picture back to flash card. I was able to clear the card

    OK
    > but when I tried to transfer picture from PC to camera things didn't come
    > out exactly as expected. I clicked the button to transfer & the light on
    > camera lit up. I then tried to see the pictures on the camera but could

    not
    > but instead got the message no pictures. I turned the camera off & on &
    > the transfer wizard opened up & I was able to see the picture that I had
    > transferred from my PC. Why could I not see the picture in camera? Is

    this
    > the way things are intended to work? Did I do something wrong?
    >
    > --
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Remove the XXX to reply

    Olympus cameras do not like their pictures changed in any way, and will not
    display them on the LCD.

    For deleting pictures, you should only delete with the camera. The danger
    with deleting pictures with the computer, is you may screw up the memory
    card and make it unreadable by the camera. Also, if anything goes wrong with
    the transfer, your pictures may be gone forever.

    For safety, only copy the pictures from the camera memory card to the
    computer.

    Then when you have confirmed the correct transfer, you can delete with the
    camera.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com