Transferring one drive to another.........

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyz, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    I have a 40G drive partitioned to 6G FAT32 (winXP) 10G ext2(mandrake) 512Meg
    (swap linux) and rest in a FAT32 for data.

    I also have a 120G partitioned to 1 NTFS partition.

    How do I go about basically dropping the entire 40G onto the 120G. (I can
    delete various things on the 120 to make room but would really like to aviod
    formatting it completely.

    Ghost 5 ( I think that is the latest one I have) doesn't like the NTFS
    partition.

    Also, what issues could I be running into using LILO as bootloader which is
    currently on the MBR of the 40G.

    Got an easy fix?

    My thoughts of the moment is simply to disable the 40G and use partition
    magic to resize the 120 and install XP on the 120 and then put the 40 back
    in and transfer data files back again but this will lose the mandrake setup
    which has taken me a fair while to get running and I *really* don't want to
    do that again.

    --
    "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

    cowboyz, Aug 23, 2003