    professional.

    Many thanks

    John

    JohnC, Jun 13, 2005

  2. JohnC

    Dave Gill Guest

    JohnC <> wrote:

    > Probably a very basic question. We are interested in a obtaining a single
    > voip line to 'try the system'. But our concern is that if we wanted in the
    > future to move our (geographical) number to another provider (for whatever
    > reason) how easy is that? Would there be any interruption to service? Any
    > likely costs?

    Many VoIP providers are currently reselling numbers allocated to
    Magrathea Telecom. If you want to transfer your number from one
    Magrathea reseller to another then there shouldn't be a problem.
    However there are now a handful of VoIP providers that don't use
    Magrathea's number ranges, so be careful.

    > Voip sounds to have a lot of potential but clearly we do not want to hand
    > out a number to customers if that number is not stable.
    >
    > We are thinking of going with the gradwell (uk) service - it looks
    > professional.

    Gradwell are currently a bit more expensive than some of the other
    providers at £4 + VAT/month for a single line with no "inclusive"
    minutes (although there is a 3 month rental-free trial period), but they
    are primarily aiming their service at businesses (virtual PBX etc) and
    seem to have set their prices with an eye on the level of service they
    want to offer.

    Dave Gill, Jun 13, 2005