    files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would still have to
    transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a pen drive.
    Thanks Jackie
    Jackie, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Jackie wrote:

    > Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to them
    > on his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that I
    > burn them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record them
    > onto mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it
    > wastes a cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be
    > finished(?) I have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of
    > transferring the files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would
    > still have to transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a
    > pen drive. Thanks Jackie

    Use CDRW discs, burned as though they were CDRs? Once you've gotten the
    stuff off it, erase it and start over.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Jackie

    Jackie Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Jackie wrote:
    >
    > > Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to

    them
    > > on his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that

    > > burn them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record

    them
    > > onto mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it
    > > wastes a cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be
    > > finished(?) I have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of
    > > transferring the files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would
    > > still have to transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a
    > > pen drive. Thanks Jackie

    > Use CDRW discs, burned as though they were CDRs? Once you've gotten the
    > stuff off it, erase it and start over.

    hi cd player does not play cdrw disks for some reason
    Jackie
    Jackie, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Jackie wrote:

    > "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> Jackie wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to

    > them
    >> > on his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that

    >> > burn them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record

    > them
    >> > onto mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it
    >> > wastes a cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be
    >> > finished(?) I have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of
    >> > transferring the files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would
    >> > still have to transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a
    >> > pen drive. Thanks Jackie

    >> Use CDRW discs, burned as though they were CDRs? Once you've gotten the
    >> stuff off it, erase it and start over.

    > hi cd player does not play cdrw disks for some reason
    > Jackie

    Did you try to play CDRW disks that were recorded with a program which
    permits one to use the CDRW as a big floppy disk, or CDRW disks that were
    recorded like CDRs? There is a difference, and no CD player can play the
    first kind.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Jackie

    me Guest

    assuming the laptop has sound capabilities, try the line out
    from the laptop directly into the minidisc recorder (may need
    a new connecting cable) and record in real time while playing
    the mp3 tracks on the laptop media player.

    me, Jun 15, 2004