    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or can this not be done at all??

    Thanks!!

    ....Lisa

    Lisa Hetherington, Aug 8, 2004

  2. hi lisa, i think your camera has a card reader in it, not a card writer.
    however, if you're gonna want to do this alot it'd be worth buying an
    independent CF reader/writer that plugs into your usb port. these cost
    around £25 in th uk.
    "Lisa Hetherington" <> wrote in message
    > I have a number of scanned images on my HD, pictures taken on a film

    camera,

    Whoops! SCOTTIES, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    > I have a number of scanned images on my HD, pictures taken on a film
    > camera, scanned and saved as .jpg files. I would like to tfr some to
    > my CF card, then take to the store to have printed from the card.
    > But the pictures are not showing up on the card!!
    > I'm transferring them to the FCF card using a card reader and "send
    > to " "removable drive F"
    > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or can this not be done at
    > all??
    >
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > ...Lisa

    Assuming you are actually writing the files correctly (see Scottie's
    post), you may need to convert them to a JPEG format that the camera can
    understand. My TVwriter software does this, and it's what people use who
    want to make up a slide-show for in-camera display onto a TV, so that's a
    little different from your needs.

    http://www.satsignal.co.uk => Image Utilities, TVwriter

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 8, 2004
  4. I am using a reader/writer.
    I have the pictures scanned into the computer, now I am trying to tfr the
    pictures to the card...the card is in the reader/writer that is attached to
    computer via USB.
    I've done it before...maybe the difference is pictures that have been taken
    with the same camera )transferring those BACK to the card) vs older
    pictures that were scanned to the computer that were NEVER on the card).

    ....Lisa

    "Whoops! SCOTTIES" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Lisa Hetherington, Aug 8, 2004
  5. On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 08:50:45 -0400, Lisa Hetherington hath writ:
    > I am using a reader/writer.
    > I have the pictures scanned into the computer, now I am trying to tfr the
    > pictures to the card...the card is in the reader/writer that is attached to
    > computer via USB.
    > I've done it before...maybe the difference is pictures that have been taken
    > with the same camera )transferring those BACK to the card) vs older
    > pictures that were scanned to the computer that were NEVER on the card).

    Not all cameras can display jpeg's that are not *EXACTLY* sized, pixel'ed,
    and compressed as the camera would create. (Makes for simpler, smaller,
    more efficient software in the camera.)

    I've seen the the same effect as you with my Nikon CP 2000. However, the
    same CF card with a mish-mash of jpeg's displays everything "OK" through
    a CF-to-TV-video adapter I use.

    My guess is that the machine at the store would display the jpeg's "OK" --
    since it is designed to handle jpeg's from any and all cameras (as well as
    Gimp sessions.)

    GL,
    Jonesy

    Allodoxaphobia, Aug 8, 2004