    both systems running Win2KPro. How do I do this and retain my mail
    folders, newsgroups, bookmarks and everything?

    David

    David R. Birch, Mar 18, 2008

  2. David R. Birch wrote:
    > I want to transfer both Tbird and Firefox to a different computer,
    > both systems running Win2KPro. How do I do this and retain my mail
    > folders, newsgroups, bookmarks and everything?
    >
    > David

    all your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, etc, are stored
    in the area called the Profile. FF and TB each have their
    own profile. Just copy the profiles from one machine to the
    other. To learn more about it you can read this:
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 20, 2008

  3. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > David R. Birch wrote:
    >> I want to transfer both Tbird and Firefox to a different computer,
    >> both systems running Win2KPro. How do I do this and retain my mail
    >> folders, newsgroups, bookmarks and everything?
    >>
    >> David

    > all your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, etc, are stored in the area
    > called the Profile. FF and TB each have their own profile. Just copy
    > the profiles from one machine to the other. To learn more about it you
    > can read this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

    Thanks, I'll check this out.

    David

    David R. Birch, Mar 22, 2008