    --
    Regards
    John Hopkins

    GlasshouseJohn, Dec 6, 2005

  2. GlasshouseJohn

    fruitbat Guest

    "GlasshouseJohn" <>
    wrote in message news:dn4so9$18p$1$...
    > I've got a new computer for Christmas. It is only the tower bit. How can
    > I transfer stuff such as images and other files, and favourites and email
    > settings and newsgroup settings.

    http://www.oehelp.com/ has a lot of help in transferring Outlook Express
    email settings, address books and news.

    Your images and other files can be transfered in many ways, including
    * temporarily installing the old hard disc into the new computer
    * burning wanted files onto CDs or DVDs
    * memory sticks, flash memory or even camera cards
    * uploading the wanted files to an email provider such as GMAIL or HOTMAIL
    and then downloading to the new PC

    fruitbat, Dec 7, 2005

  3. "fruitbat" <> wrote in message

    > "GlasshouseJohn" <>
    > wrote in message news:dn4so9$18p$1$...
    >> I've got a new computer for Christmas. It is only the tower bit. How
    >> can I transfer stuff such as images and other files, and favourites and
    >> email settings and newsgroup settings.

    > http://www.oehelp.com/ has a lot of help in transferring Outlook Express
    > email settings, address books and news.
    >
    > Your images and other files can be transfered in many ways, including
    > * temporarily installing the old hard disc into the new computer
    > * burning wanted files onto CDs or DVDs
    > * memory sticks, flash memory or even camera cards
    > * uploading the wanted files to an email provider such as GMAIL or HOTMAIL
    > and then downloading to the new PC

    The last suggestion is just crazy! It would take until next Christmas to
    transfer a load of images and files via gmail or hotmail (hotmail would go
    belly up with that volume of data).

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 9, 2005
  4. "fruitbat" <> wrote in message

    > "GlasshouseJohn" <>
    > wrote in message news:dn4so9$18p$1$...
    >> I've got a new computer for Christmas. It is only the tower bit. How
    >> can I transfer stuff such as images and other files, and favourites and
    >> email settings and newsgroup settings.

    > http://www.oehelp.com/ has a lot of help in transferring Outlook Express
    > email settings, address books and news.
    >
    > Your images and other files can be transfered in many ways, including
    > * temporarily installing the old hard disc into the new computer
    > * burning wanted files onto CDs or DVDs
    > * memory sticks, flash memory or even camera cards
    > * uploading the wanted files to an email provider such as GMAIL or HOTMAIL
    > and then downloading to the new PC

    How easy would it be to make the old pc a slave drive to the new one?

    --
    Regards
    John Hopkins

    GlasshouseJohn, Dec 10, 2005
  5. GlasshouseJohn

    Alan Guest

    http://www.abf-soft.com/outlook-express-backup.shtml

    Not freeware but sill transfer across any MS platform any version of OE. As
    for data Slave the drive as aleady said or burn data on disc. External
    harddrive cases make for even a better secondary backup solution if scraping
    the old system. Alan....

    Alan, Dec 23, 2005