    gary Guest

    I want to get a bigger harddrive is there any product to transfer vista 64
    from one harddrive to an another harddrive with out reinstalled it Thank You

    gary, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Acronis True Image.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Any of the imaging solutions will let you "clone" a drive. Colin suggests
    Acronis, and I have to say it's my favourite too. You connect the new drive
    with the old drive still there, run Acronis, tell it to clone the original
    drive. When it's done, you shut down, remove the original, and plug the
    replacement in its place.

    The only tricky part is remembering to change the jumpers from Slave to
    Master if you're doing this with IDE drives. SATA not even that.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 14, 2008
  4. gary

    mikeyhsd Guest

    it is not unusual for the new drive to come with software to image the old drive to the new drive. no need to buy new one.

    if not in the box, go to the manufacturers web site.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 14, 2008