    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

    "Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas" (Vergil)
    Happy is he who has been able to learn the causes of things.

    alan, Jan 24, 2006

  2. alan wrote:
    > Currently running firefox and thunderbird on pc and I would like to
    > transport accross to mac. Is this possible and if so what do I need
    > to copy accross please.
    >
    > Your advice is most welcome, cheers.

    It is most assuredly possible. However, since some profile files difer
    on different platforms, it is not possible to transfer the entire
    profile en mass, as it is with a Window to Windows, or Mac to Mac
    conversion.

    I suggest taking a moment to familiarize yourself with profiles, by
    readind Irwin's page. It will tell you exactly which files you need to
    tranfer to save certain information. Once you have read itk, I will ba
    happy to help with specific questions.

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 25, 2006

  3. alan

    alan Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > alan wrote:
    >
    >>Currently running firefox and thunderbird on pc and I would like to
    >>transport accross to mac. Is this possible and if so what do I need
    >>to copy accross please.
    >>
    >>Your advice is most welcome, cheers.

    > It is most assuredly possible. However, since some profile files difer
    > on different platforms, it is not possible to transfer the entire
    > profile en mass, as it is with a Window to Windows, or Mac to Mac
    > conversion.
    >
    > I suggest taking a moment to familiarize yourself with profiles, by
    > readind Irwin's page. It will tell you exactly which files you need to
    > tranfer to save certain information. Once you have read itk, I will ba
    > happy to help with specific questions.
    >
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    >
    > Lee

    Thank you for the response and the offer of help. Any questions I shall
    get back to the group, but first I have some reading to do.

    Alan

    alan, Jan 25, 2006